29

Hogsmeade had me seriously disappointed.

sure, the town was cute... but there was nothing there.

"what do you mean?!" Draco spun in a circle, his shoes crunching in the thick snow. "there's a sweet shop, a quill shop, a joke shop-"

"i have no need for sweets or quills, and if i'm in the mood for a joke i'll go and find Dumbledore."

Draco snickered. "i have to admit, that was funny."

"where are the clothes? the cafes? the clubs?"

"London," he shrugged.

i glared at him.

he raised his hands in fake innocence. "i don't know! they might have some cigarettes in the post office."

i scoffed. "shall we pick you up a sudoku and some mint imperials while we're there?"

"are you calling me old?"

"you are old."

"your birthday is three months after mine." he pointed out.

"which makes you older." i set off in the general direction of the post office.

"it's this way, Lols." he called.

i flipped him off, grabbing onto a lamp post and spinning around it so i faced the way i came.

"so immature," he shook his head.

"kiss my ass."

"i have," he smirked. "a few times actually."

"Draco Malfoy, if you don't take me to this goddamn post office, i'll shove your broomstick so far up your ass-"

"Jesus!" he grabbed my hand and pulled me along after him. "calm down!"

he took me to the little post office which had tinsel hung outside the door.

it made me wonder if i should get him a present...

"shit," he muttered under his breath.

"what?"

"it's usually a young girl who works in here, she doesn't ask for ID."

i glanced at the sour faced old woman who sat behind the cash register.

she looked as if she'd choked to death on a lemon, but then miraculously resurrected herself.

"it doesn't matter," i spotted the cigs on a shelf below the counter.

"you have a fake ID?"

"no, i have many many tricks."

we walked around the shop and i picked up some Every Flavour Beans and a chocolate frog.

"do you want anything?" i asked Draco, who chose a liquorice wand.

"just these, please." i smiled at the old woman as i placed the items in front of her.

"fourteen sickles." she lisped, and i realised the old bag didn't have any teeth.

i placed a galleon on the counter. "keep the change."

"hm," she pocketed the money.

i made to leave but stopped.

"one second," i said to Draco. "my lace."

i bent down and untied my laces, grabbing two packs of cigarettes and stuffing them into my shoe before tying my laces back up.