26

it was the day of the game and i was buzzing with energy and excitement.

the whole team had spent every spare moment training together and sharing tactics.

Slytherin played dirty, but when up against Gryffindor, every trick in the book was applied viciously.

we kicked off the ground as grey clouds began to cluster high above us.

it was certainly going to rain, i just hoped it would start after the game.

Enzo was on my left and Pansy was on my right, the three of us engaged in intense stare-downs with the Gryffindor chasers;
Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, and a red head who could only be a Weasley standing in for Katie Bell.

i drowned out Madame Hooch's voice and assessed the rest of the team.

the two beaters were the Weasley twins; Fred and George.

the goal keeper was a pathetic boy named Ron Weasley—it seemed the whole Weasley family had somehow made their way onto the team.

the seeker was the one and only Harry Potter, who did everything he could to avoid eye contact.

the whistle blew and i all but pushed Johnson off her broom to get to the Quaffle.

i grabbed the ball and set off for the goal hoops, aware of Ginny Weasley and Spinnet following me closely.

i sensed more than felt an arm reaching for the Quaffle and pulled my broom up, turning around and doubling back on myself, before hurling the ball over to Pansy.

she caught it deftly and i cheered as the ball whizzed past Ron Weasley's head, through the goal.

we reset the pitch but this time, Spinnet swooped down and snatched the ball.

the three chasers engaged in what they must have thought was a complicated passing routine, but as soon as i saw an opening, i snatched the Quaffle out of the air and hit it into the goal using the end of my broomstick.

the back and forth carried on, with us leading by one point.

Johnson was heading for Theo who patrolled the goals when a scream brought everyone to a halt.

Ginny Weasley had taken a Bludger to the head.

the whole game had to be put on hold as all of her brothers, plus Potter, raced over to the spot where she had crash-landed.

i glanced over to Regulus and Matteo who looked pleased with themselves.

i headed over to them. "did you do that?"

"no, the Gryffindors sent a Bludger at their own player." Regulus answered.

"hey," Matteo pushed him.

Reg raised one hand to show his innocence before looking over my shoulder. "Hooch is calling everyone down,"

i turned to find her doing just that.

i guided my broom down slowly, keeping well away from the Gryffindor huddle surrounding Ginny Weasley.

as the rain began to pour, the Slytherins congregated on the other side of the pitch, standing in a tight circle to keep warm.

"i saw what you did," Draco grinned at Regulus from beside me. "who knew you'd be such a great beater?"

"i'm a man of many talents, Malfoy."

"man?!" Pansy spluttered. "you only grew chest hair last year!"

everyone burst out laughing as Regulus turned red.