11

"have you heard about the game?" Draco whispered to me in Transfiguration.

i shook my head, writing notes in my book.

the teacher—a cat/woman called McGonogal—had her beady little eyes on me since she caught me turning Pansy's pencil into a worm.

"Slytherin versus Hufflepuff on Friday after school." he looked at my page then copied what i'd written. "we're allowed to train in all our free periods."

"what are the Hufflepuff team like?" i muttered.

"Pansies," Draco laughed quietly.

"hey!" Pansy glared at him.

Draco shrugged, turning to his book when McGonogal turned to glare at us.

"care to explain the joke, Mr Malfoy?" she barked.

"i was just talking about the Hufflepuff team, McGonogal." he grinned.

"i see no joke there." she turned back to the blackboard.

"no, you wouldn't." Draco said.

"go and stand outside until you've found your manners, Mr Malfoy." she wrote on the board.

"gladly." Draco gathered his books and pens, then mine too.

"what are you doing?!" i hissed.

"taking you with me."

"what about me?!" Pansy stared at us.

"what about you?" Draco replied, grabbing my hand and leading me out silently.

we ran through the empty corridors, hiding from Nearly Headless Nick who would be sure to tell someone.

we got to the common room and slipped past the curtain, diving on to the sofas and laying back.

"i really hate McGonogal." Draco loosened his tie.

"only Potter likes her," i took of my cloak and dumped it on the floor.

"he's trying to hide your initials on his neck." Draco grinned. "he had his collar up."

i laughed, "i'll carve them into his forehead next time."

"that's something i'd love to see," he chuckled.

"apparently you're coming to Riddle Manor for dinner?" i looked across the table at him.

"oh, yeah, i forgot about that."

"i have no idea how it's going to go... the last people who came round for dinner were killed at the table." i frowned.

"wow, thanks for telling me that. if you didn't want me to come you could've just said." he raised his eyebrows, the corner of his lips turned up.

"it'll be fine, Father doesn't hate you."

"what about your brothers?"

"Matteo seems to be alright with you and Tom... will come around."

Draco nodded.

"you seem to be much closer to Matteo than Tom." he said as of the thought had just come to him.

"i am,"