Chapter two

Alessandra's pov

Our brothers actually exist and we didn't even know. But, why did it take them so long to come back for us. When our Mom passed away, we were thrown into foster care. Life in foster care was hard. At first, Gio and I were separated and we didn't live together again until we were eight. For two years, I had to live without my twin brother, my other half and with the my mother's death, I stopped talking. It was hard for me to talk to the foster families and the kids at school. I couldn't answer questions from teachers because it was so hard. I was bounced from one foster home to another because I wouldn't talk and the foster families didn't want to or didn't know how to deal with it. When I was eight, I was brought to another foster family but this time, Gio was there and they said we could stay together from then on. Then, it went from not being able to talk to anyone to only being able to talk to Gio. For some reason, Gio was the only person I felt comfortable with. No matter how long we stayed with other foster families, I never felt comfortable enough to talk to them. We could stay with a family for a year and still not be able to talk to them. Gio did the talking for us and he was sometimes not the nicest when it came to the foster families. Gio had a bad habit of giving the foster parents attitude and then starting fights with them. It would usually result in us getting moved again. I don't blame Gio for it because the foster families could be mean to us and Gio didn't want to stand for it. 

Now, our brothers have taken us in and I'm scared the same thing will happen now that we live with them. Will they get tired of us and put us back in the system? Will they be kind to us? I'm really not sure. They say we know them but I have no memory of them at all if I have any. They keep speaking to each other in a language I don't understand and it makes me think they're talking about us and maybe talking about getting rid of us. Or maybe something worse than all of that, I'm not sure. 

After we met all of our brothers, Gio and I followed Luka and Emilio upstairs. I kept close to Gio as we walked, trying to keep my distance from Luka and Emilio. I could see them both look at us from time to time as we walked. They both had such different looks on their faces. Luka looked happy and excited while Emilio looked nervous and worried. I'm not sure why they looked like that but it was driving me crazy. All these different thoughts kept invading my head space and I could feel the start of a panic attack, if I didn't get away from them soon, I would definitely have a panic attack.

"So, these are the bedrooms, it goes from oldest to youngest, the first door on the left is Pietro's, across from him is Matteo, next to Pietro is Sebastiano, next to Matteo is Lorenzo, next to Sebastiano is Luka, next to Lorenzo is myself, across from me is Antonio, next to is your room, Giovanni, and Alessandra, you're across from Giovanni," Emilio said, 

"Pietro told me to tell you that we can change anything about your rooms if you want and we can go shopping tomorrow if you want," Luka said, 

"Okay," Gio said, 

"So, we'll leave you two to get settled before dinner," Emilio said as he and Luka walked away.

I looked at my bedroom door and realized that someone had pained it. The door itself was white and someone had painted my name on the door in blue paint, there was also butterflies painted in blue, purple and pink. I looked at Gio, he was looking at his own door, it was black with his name painted in green paint, and there were dragons painted in green, blue and red. Gio and I looked at each other and then at our brothers rooms, we noticed that they were all painted. Pietro's was blue with Lions, Matteo's was green with panthers, Sebastiano's was midnight blue with bears, Lorenzo's was red with deer,  Luka's was dark blue with owls, Emilio's was orange with hummingbirds, Antonio's was gray with cranes.

"Wonder who painted the doors," Gio said, 

"Me too," I said, 

"Where are you right now?" Gio asked,