Chapter eighteen

Ali's pov

Gio and I were sitting in my room when my door burst open, we whipped around and saw Matteo and Sebastiano rushed in. They didn't say anything to us but they started rushing around the room, grabbing things and shoving them into a duffle bag.

"What's going on?" I asked, 

"Nothing, we're going on a trip," Sebastiano said, 

"Why are you running around like a chicken with your head cut off then?" Gio asked, 

"We just have to hurry," Matteo said, 

"Why?" I asked, 

"We have some very important business to deal with and we have to hurry," Matteo said, 

"Why are you packing our stuff?" Gio asked, 

"You're coming with," Sebastiano said,

"But-" I started, I couldn't finish my sentence before Sebastiano and Matteo grabbed our wrists and started to drag us from the room. Gio and I got the memo and we shut up. When we got downstairs, Pietro was angrily yelling Italian into his phone and the others were rushing around, grabbing stuff. Pietro quickly hung up the phone and told us to get to the cars. Without another word, Sebastiano and Matteo dragged us to the garage and all but pushed us into a car. We went in two cars and we speed off from the house. Gio and I looked at each other in the back seat of the car and we were both very confused.

"Matteo, what's happening?" I asked timidly,

"Nothing for you two to be worried about," Matteo replied,

"But, Pietro was angry and I've never seen him that angry before," I said, 

"It's alright, Sorellina, Pietro will take care of everything," Matteo said, (Little sister)

"But, this is all so scary! We've never seen you guys act like this and it's really scaring us!" I shouted,

"I know you're scared and you don't know what's going on, I promise we'll explain everything later but right now, we have to go somewhere so we can protect you," Matteo said,

"Protect us from what?" Gio asked, 

"Don't worry, i miei tesori, everything will be alright," Sebastiano said quietly, (my treasures).

We fell silent after that, Matteo and Sebastiano focused on driving while we sat in the back, worrying. I didn't understand anything that was happening and it was started to make me feel like I was going crazy. Gio took my hand over the middle seat and squeezed it. I looked at him and he had a knowing look on his face. He knew what was going on in my head and how much this was scaring me.

We drove for a very long time and the farther we drove, the more trees we were surrounded by. Pretty soon, we left every city and town behind us. Matteo turned the car down a dirt road that was almost completely hidden by trees. We followed this road deeper and deeper into the woods. Soon, we pulled up to a house. The house looked a lot like a cabin but bigger. There were three floors from what we could see. There was a large garage that we pulled into and stopped the car. I saw Pietro pull in next to us and we all got out of the cars when the garage door had shut behind us. Without saying anything, Pietro gently pushed Gio and I towards a door and we went inside. The inside was just as nice as the outside and very similar to our house. Everything was very fancy. 

Pietro guided us into the living room and onto the couch. We watched as he stepped towards Matteo and the two of the talked in hushed whispers. Gio and I didn't know what to think and the tension in the air was palpable, you could cut it with a knife. Finally, Pietro came back over to us with a serious look on his face.