Chapter fourteen

Sebastiano's pov

They're here, those jerks who threatened us and the twins are with us. I  acted before I could think, I punched the guy that dared to come near me. I was angry at them for attacking us while Gio and Ali were with us. I let my rage take over and I took out anyone that came close enough. I soon realized that all of them were down. I turned around to check on Gio and Ali but they were gone. I felt my heart stop when I realized they were missing, I started to run in a random direction. I didn't register where I was going or who was with me, my focus was finding the twins. As I was going, I realized that Luka was with me and when we reached an alley, we heard a scream. We turned and ran down the alley. Soon, we came upon a scene out of my worst nightmare. They had gotten to them before I could. They were hurt and I froze upon seeing them. 

The twins were there and so were our cousins, they had attacked my baby brother and sister. Two of them had Gio, who was covered in blood, I could see the bruises and cuts, he had a black eye, and his face was covered in blood. When they saw me, they let him go and Gio fell to the ground like a sack of potatoes. I saw them run away from me before I could kill them for doing that to my brother. He stood in front of me, Gianni Moretti, I saw him pull the knife from Ali's body and he ran. I saw Luka rush to Gio and before I knew it, I was next to Ali.

Her eyes were open, there were visible cuts and bruises on her face and neck, and the knife wound on her side was bleeding profusely. I didn't realize I was crying until I saw the tears land on Ali's face as I cradled her close to me. Suddenly, my senses came back to me when I heard footsteps coming towards us. I looked up and saw Emilio and Antonio running towards us.

"Go get Pietro and Matteo!" I shouted to them, Emilio froze while Antonio ran back the way they came, I turned back to Ali, I could see her lips attempting to form words,

"S-seb?" I heard her weak, wheezing voice utter,

"I'm right here, bambina, I'm here," I said, I saw her eyes close and she grew very still in my arms, (baby)

"No, no, no, tesoro, stay awake, stay with me, sorellina," I cried, (tesoro- sweetheart, sorellina- little sister).

I heard footsteps coming back our way, I looked up as Pietro, Matteo, Lorenzo, and Antonio rushed over to us. Matteo instantly turned into doctor mode as he examined the twins. I saw him pull out his phone and speed dial someone. I heard him giving orders over the phone to our medical team. I saw Pietro on the phone as well, he was yelling about needing more security and protection for the twins. Matteo snapped my attention back to the twins when he asked me to take off a sweatshirt and use it slow down Ali's blood loss. I did as he asked and I realized he'd asked the same of Luka for Gio. Pretty soon, Matteo was asking me to carry Ali to the car. I lifted her limp body into my arms and rushed to the end of alley where a car was waiting. I got in and we rushed to our medical site. When we got there, our nurses and doctors surrounded us. I felt someone try and take Ali from me and I pulled away from them. Pietro put his hand on my shoulder and I allowed a doctor to take Ali from me. Matteo rushed away with the doctors and nurses to take care of the twins. 

So, there we were, Pietro, Lorenzo, Luka, Emilio, Antonio, and I, standing in the waiting room. I had never felt so nervous in all of my life than I did in that moment. I didn't let anyone see how I was feeling. I'd thought for so long that letting anyone see me sweat meant I was weak. I was determined not to be weak or look weak. But, I was so nervous and scared for my baby brother and sister. They were injured and I was so mad, I felt like a raging bull when I saw those people with the twins. I was scared because they looked so small and weak when I got to them. It physically hurt me to see them hurt. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned and saw Pietro. He nodded towards the chairs behind us and pushed me towards one. I sat down and Pietro sat next to me.