xviii. tears and goodbye

________

________

Flashback: Season 5 Finale

Stefan Salvatore had died and was on the Other Side which was filled with complete darkness. He had seen Elena, Caroline, and Damon cry when they found his body. However, Cassie stood there staring at the grey lifeless body of her love motionless like she couldn't comprehend what was happening. Her children were with a nanny who was compelled to take care of them.

His friends and family believed that Bonnie had a plan to bring him back. A part of Stefan hoped that Bonnie had a plan. He wanted to see his children and girlfriend, Cassie. He wanted to be a part of his children's lives as they grew up. He held the hope that Bonnie had a plan.

He was with Lexi right now. His best friend. The person who has helped him conquer the darkness within him.

"You named Evelyn after me." Lexi boosted causing Stefan to chuckle and nod.

"She reminds me of you. The blonde hair and crying every minute." Stefan teased back.

The best friends smiled at each other and embraced into a much-needed hug.

________

Stefan and Lexi had made their way to the cemetery where the spell was taking place by Bonnie. They felt the harsh wind fight against them and leaves being blown around. He felt that this was the opportunity for Lexi to come back to life. Lexi deserved to live.

They finally found Bonnie. The dark-skinned witch was standing alone as she performed her magic and her being the only one since she was the anchor.

Bonnie noticed the two and held her hands out for them to take. "Come on guys, we don't have much time. Grab my hand!"

Lexi wanted Stefan to go first. He needed to go first. He had children and a whole family waiting for me. "Go!" She shouted over the force of the wind.

Stefan was about to grab Bonnie's arms when Elena rushed into the cemetery, slightly panting. "I can't find Damon anywhere."

"Damn it, Damon." Stefan grumbled then motioned for both Lexi and Elena to go through Bonnie. "You both need to go through Bonnie. I'll wait here for Damon."

"No, I'm not leaving without him!" Elena shook her head and protested.

"This place is falling apart." Stefan exclaimed.

"Which is exactly why you should go." Lexi gestured towards Bonnie. "You have children and the mother of your children waiting for you. Go be with them! I'll find both Damon and Alaric."

"No!"

Bonnie rolled her eyes as she realised that this was just wasting time. She lunged forward and gripped Elena's arms, forcing her to pass through her so she can be back on the land of the living.

Bonnie had started coughing up blood causing Elena and Caroline who were on the living side to look concerned. She had begun to fall, and Stefan grasped her shoulders to prevent her from falling. He felt himself come back to the land of the living.

"No, no, no, no, no." Stefan chanted.

Whilst on the other side, Markos tries to attack Lexi and Bonnie, but Lexi hits him, preventing the two from any harm

"Bonnie. This is killing you, isn't it?" Lexi questioned in disbelief.

"I can hold on." Bonnie attempts to encourage and holds her hand out for Lexi to take. "I have to. Just come through. We have to finish this."

Lexi shakes her head in denial as Bonnie looks at her with determination. "Lexi, come on. It's your turn."

Lexi dismisses the hand stretched out towards her. "Every person that passes through takes you one step closer to death. You have a beautiful daughter, Bonnie. You're a mother. What kind of person would I be if I let you die? Let Eleanora be taken away from her mother."

Bonnie looked at Lexi as she gave her one last smile and let the wind take her away. Bonnie sighs in relief. All she wanted to do was save Damon and get back to her daughter, Eleanora, and take her away from this dangerous town.

Bonnie rushed around the woods and found the people she was looking for.

"Bonnie." Damon called out as he walked closer to the witch alongside Alaric.

"Thank god." She sighed. Bonnie quickly grabbed onto Alaric and let him pass through. She turned to Damon and spoke. "Okay, come on."

Bonnie grabbed onto his arms, but he wouldn't pass through. She removed her arms and tried again but it wouldn't work.

"Well, would you look at that?" Damon retorted as he made a face.

________

Bonnie and Damon realised that they wouldn't be able to make it and were going to die. It was hard to grasp for Bonnie because there was no way that she wanted to leave Eleanora. The duo had left and went to say their goodbyes. Well, only Bonnie would have been able to speak to her loved ones, but Damon just wanted to see Elena for one last time.

Bonnie had called Jeremy and said her goodbyes to him until she had one last stop left. Her daughter, Eleanora. She stood inside the house of the nanny who was taking care of Eleanora. Bonnie had cast an invisible spell on herself so the nanny wouldn't see her.

Bonnie moved closer to the baby and stroked her cheek. "I'm going to miss you, okay? But Aunt Cassie and Uncle Stefan, and everyone else will take care of you and protect you. Be a good little girl.

Eleanora cooed as she slightly kicked her legs. Her eyes were wide open as if she knew her mother was there. Bonnie's eyes watered as she stared at her daughter's face and believed that this would be the last time that she would be seeing her.

"I've only been your mommy for a little bit, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You're the light to the darkness. I love you." Bonnie spoke as a few tears fell down her cheek. She placed a longing kiss on her forehead.

Bonnie stood up and moved away from her daughter, standing at the entrance, and looked at her precious baby one more time. She took a deep breath and used the built-up courage to walk away as she attempted to hold herself together and not cry.

Eleanora seemed to realise the missing presence of her mother and wailed out loud which Bonnie heard but kept walking. The nanny came inside the room and tried to console the distraught baby, that did not stop crying.
________

Hey guys!

Sorry for not updating for like two weeks. I've just started school, I am a senior now, and the transition has been difficult. All my teachers love giving me homework every day. It's not fun.

hope you enjoy this chapter and get ready for some upcoming drama!

Thank you!