xxvii. a relaxing evening

________

________

Do you ever have a feeling that something bad is going to happen? It's something that you feel deep in your bones. The feeling of just staying cuddled up in the comfort of your warm bed. That's what Eleanora felt.

Eleanora was buried deep into her pillows and the warmth of her forever comfortable bed. She had her arms crossed with a stubborn look on her face that children carry.

Her father, Enzo, Uncle Damon, and Atlas were trying to convince her to get out of bed so they can take her to brunch. However, Eleanora was adamant about not moving.

"Come on Eleanora. Stop being so stubborn." Atlas uttered with annoyance displayed in the tone of his voice.

Eleanora responded with a glare and threw one of the further pillows on her bed at Atlas's face with her magic. The pillow successfully hit him on the face which caused him to release a grunt, leaving Eleanora with a satisfied smile.

"Sweetie, we'll get you everything you want." Enzo tried to coax his daughter like she was a little girl.

"I'm 16, almost 17, not stupid. Dad, that's not going to work on me." Eleanora declared, not giving up.

"Okay, get up." Damon opened the curtains wide open letting the sun come inside. "Your 17, El, we can't keep doing this."

Eleanora, however, did not fall for his words and tricks. She fiercely glared at him through her long eyelashes.

"I'll give you anything you want..." Damon sighed which caused Eleanora's glare to fall and her ears perk up in interest.

"I'm listening. Continue."

"And if anything happens, it's on me." Damon finished with a forced smile.

"Damon Salvatore taking the blame. Oh, I must be very lucky." Eleanora teased which indicated that she was considering it, and that was a positive sign.

"I want your 1967 Chevy Impala and then we have a deal." Eleanora negotiated.

Damon forced a smile and hid his annoyed expression through it. "Deal." The two shook their hands as if they were agreeing on a business deal.

"Alright, let's go." Enzo declared, clearly showing his amusement at the interaction between his daughter and best friend. Especially, at the fact that his daughter snagged up Damon's most prized possession, his car.

Eleanora happily leaped out of bed and went to get dressed, Atlas walked past the adults as he shook his head at Damon in disappointment.

Enzo turned to Damon with pure amusement dancing in his eyes. Damon firmly shook his head and glared at Enzo.

"Not a word. Not a damn word."

________

Cassandra had invited Bonnie over to her to apologise to her. Along with Bonnie, she had invited Caroline and Elena. Bonnie had grudgingly agreed.

"Bonnie, I just wanted to apologise for the way I handled the whole situation. It was just a whole misunderstanding and I hope you can forgive us." Cassandra voiced, with a tone of regret and disappointment in himself.

"We also want to apologise to Eleanora by inviting your family for dinner tomorrow." Stefan added, displaying his regret as well.

"I forgive you guys, but it can't happen ever again. And you guys have to apologise to Eleanora herself." Bonnie replied.

"We will." Stefan and Cassandra declared.

Caroline and Elena zoomed into the living room with their vampire speed.

"Yay, now we can have a girls' day." Caroline exclaimed with an excited expression. Bonnie let out a laugh and agreed, Alora looked up with a confused expression but clapped her hands.

"Now, hand me, my niece." Elena spoke with a playful expression as she picked up the baby Bennett.

"Aw, you are a little cutie, aren't you?" Elena interacted as she kissed her cheek.

"I want one." Caroline pouted. "I wish I could just steal one."

Bonnie playfully took Alora in her arms and replied. "Well, I'm going to keep mine away from you."

"Very funny, Bon." Caroline huffed whilst the three girls laughed.

"Stefan, can you make us your pasta?" Cassandra questioned as she gave him a facial expression that he can't say no to.

"Of course, Sweetheart." Stefan said kissing his wife on the lips before going to the kitchen.

"He's such a simp." Caroline laughed.

"I heard that!" Stefan yelled.

"I knew I sensed my little princess was here." Nate vocalised, bringing the attention to him, referring to the baby in the room.

Alora's ears picked up on the familiar and soothing voice as she turned her head in the direction of it. Her eyes visibly brightened, and she reached out for him.

Bonnie smiled at the interaction between the two, Nate and Alora. Ever since Alora was born, she has loved him. Their bond was very strong but not as strong as the one with her family. Close enough though.

Nate took the small girl into his arms and looked at Bonnie with a tight smile. He wasn't sure what her impression of him was, so he wasn't certain what her response would be.

"Can I take her?"

Bonnie nodded. "Take the baby bag. Her foods are in there so just feed her in like thirty minutes and make her go to sleep for her nap."

Nate shook his head as he understood and took in the instructions. It wasn't his first time taking care of Alora since he has babysitter her multiple times with Eleanora.

________

The girls had just finished eating Stefan's special homemade Italian pasta. Alora was asleep whilst Lizzie, Josie, Evelyn, and Nate looked and watched over her upstairs.

The adults were now drinking alcohol and joking around. However, their moment got interrupted by a fast and long knock on the door.

Bonnie, Cassandra, Caroline, and Elena all shared a confused look.

"Cas, did you invite someone else?" Elena questioned, confused, Caroline with the same expression on her face.

"No, I didn't." Cassandra replied.

The Forbes twins and Gilbert-Salvatore girl sat on the couch as they raked through their heads, wondering who it could be.

Bonnie looked at her friends and rolled her eyes. "Maybe we should check who's at the door."

"Let's go." The four girls got up and Bonnie shook her head in amusement.

They opened the door and were shocked by the presence of the announced person at the door.

"Klaus?"

________