xxviii. paronia

________

________

"What are you doing here?" Elena questioned, as the rest of the Mikaelson's joined the hybrid at the entrance of Cassandra's.

"We mean no harm. However, it's better if you invite us inside so we can talk about it privately." Elijah proposed, signalling that they had no intention to harm. However, the tone of his voice indicated that it was serious.

Cassandra sighed but invited them all inside including Hayley.

"Now, what is it that you wanted to talk about privately?" Stefan demanded.

"We have reason to believe that there are hunters, witches, werewolves, and vampires after Hope," Elijah explained as he took lead. "We are here in hopes of allying with you, the Mystic Falls group."

Cassandra exhaled, feeling deeply bad for the Mikaelson miracle so she sent Hope a sorrowful expression whilst Hope looked down in distress.

Klaus Mikaelson was a paranoid and fearful person who always believed that there is someone out there with the intent to harm his family. When he received the news from a fellow witch, he instantly thought the worse and was preparing to attack. However, his paranoid nature made him believe that without some help from people from the Mystic Falls group, he would lose Hope.

"How do we know that this is accurate? That people are actually after Hope?" Caroline questioned, apprehensive about the whole situation. She believed this was a whole ploy and strategy so Klaus could discover their weaknesses.

"Fellow witches back from New Orleans informed us about this news," Freya confirmed, with an honest tone and sincere look.

"Look, we really want Hope to be safe. And you guys have a Bennett witch, the Chosen One, siphoners, and vampires that have escaped death multiple times." Rebekah stated, listing the reasons.

"That's the thing, we don't mind helping you, but our children will not be involved." Stefan declared with sternness.

Klaus and Hayley growled in frustration. Hayley growled, showing her hybrid. "Hell no!"

"You guys come here asking for our help to protect your daughter, and this is our condition. We, adults, will help you, but our children will not be a part of this. We are protecting our children just like you." Bonnie declared, giving the two hybrids a fierce glare.

"Look, we aren't here to cause any trouble. All we want is your help to protect Hope. However, Eleanora is the chosen one, meaning she is very powerful." Freya interrupted, trying to divert the attention to herself before anything escalates.

"But you have to understand that we aren't going to send her just to protect Hope when there are chances that she could die or get hurt as well," Elena added, making a good point in Elijah's eyes. "As Stefan said, we don't mind helping you but no kids."

"Why the hell would we need the help of a doppelganger?" Rebekah sneered.

"Well, you aren't getting the help of our children," Caroline stated. The Mikaelson's and Mystic Fall group glared at each other, not willing to reach a conclusion. However, the bell rang once again, causing Elena and Cassandra to open the door.

"Jeremy?" Elena gasped before she reached and pulled him into a hug. "What are you going here?"

"I-I have some important news." Jeremy declared with a hint of emergency expressed in his voice.

"Get inside." Cassandra demanded.

Jeremy Gilbert, Elena's brother, showing up unannounced meant that something was wrong. He walked into the living room and was shocked to see the Mikaelsons there after more than a decade. They hadn't aged a day since they were vampires.

"What are they doing here?" Jeremy questioned with confusion laced in his tone.

"They received news that there are supernatural creatures after Hope and want our help to protect her," Bonnie explained to the Gilbert boy.

Jeremy's eyes widened in realisation. "N-no-no-no, it's not Hope that they are after. It's Eleanora."

"What do you mean?" Hayley growled in annoyance.

"That's what I was here to tell you guys. I came across these vampires who were after Eleanora and they revealed to me that the news of the Chosen One had gotten out. I killed them, but we don't know how many people out there know that the Chosen One is born and alive." Jeremy revealed and explained the encounter he had experienced and the reason behind his unexpected visit.

"Well, our sources revealed that people are after Hope as well," Freya uttered out loud.

"The witches would've sensed Eleanora's magic." Davina gasped. "Since Hope's magic is the strongest one that they have been around. They would've confused Eleanora's magic with Hope's."

"Where is Eleanora?" Elijah voiced. The question caused the Mystic Fall group's eyes to widen and Bonnie to gasp and panic.

"Where the hell is she?" Kol demanded. The others don't respond as they fear for the life of their loved ones. However, Kol was frustrated and wanted an answer. "Damn it! Don't tell me she is out of her house."

"She's out," Stefan confirmed.

________