Chapter 7: The Business Trip

07.04.2015

Copyright © April 2015 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7: The Business Trip

Sandra Adele Rosé

The next two days Liam surprise me and Adeline by coming to pay us a visit. He came always holding a pretty pink gift bag, handing it to Adeline and winking at me for being curious. Liam spend the whole day and left in the late evening when Ade is completely tucked in bed sleeping. I would have completely disagreed with the idea, but he was lucky I didn't kick him out for missing his job because it was the weekend.

They played nonstop, and it was good for my daughter but she got exhausted easily due to her fever. I gave her medicine, constantly checking her temperature and a lot of rest- which she used up to play with him.

I was glad at some point because on Monday morning, Ade was back on her feet ready as ever. There was no more fever and she went back to complete body temperature. She woke me up that morning, jumping up and down on me.

"Mommy wake up, I need to go to school!"

How lucky I was to have a personal alarm, I thought trying to cover my ears. Just as Adeline stopped bouncing on me, I closet my eyes again- too bad I underestimated her. My five her old daughter tour of the blanket I was in. "Adeline!" I screamed, trying to cover myself from the cold breeze that passed through my blanket.

The girl jumped onto me, and her grinning face was directly in my face. "Yes, mommy?" She said so innocent, I mentally groaned. Then instead of getting off me she sat on me. A smirk appeared on my morning face- which probably wasn't a good sight. I began tickling her sides as payback. "Stop!" She said between giggles.

Sometime, I eventually stopped and carried her off to the bathroom, where she changed all my herself. A little piece of me was hoping to just fall asleep a little longer, but that would be impossible for two things: one, I have Adeline to get to school- not that she could drive herself and two, a job that I am determine to keep- even though I don't know the pay cheque yet.

I filled the bath half way and put bubble gum bubble bath in there for her. I looked at my rumbling stomach because of that smell. "Are you not coming in?" Ade questioned, as I put her in the warm water. Me myself was contemplating whether to take the offer or reject my angel- which I would never do-- EVER.

I pitied myself very much for not having a father and all- because he-- never mind. I stripped my clothes off and got in and began to bath her. I applied strawberry shampoo into her thick jet black hair and massage it in. It was weird that she had black her, but I never question it because it might have been a dominant gene- something like that.

I'm positive that you people hearing my story, might think I'm still a mystery, but if you hang in there someday possible, maybe, unlikely I'll tell you everything there is to me.

Anyway, as I was saying: I washed Ade's hair and mine with a little help from her. Long story short. We got out, dried ourselves, I blow dried mine and hers hair, got her dressed first in jeans and a long sleeved top because of the cold weather and her pink sneakers she practically begged to wear. Then I got dressed, in pensil skirt and blouse like the dress code said.

I made Adeline's cereal and she ate with of course her bunny as I packed her things in the Tom and Jerry backpack. I brushed my hair in a smiple ponytail and put my coat on, taking Adeline's with me. In five minutes later, we little the house to get into my crappy car.

We were already in the month of December and it just keeps getting cold, with already one snowfall to determine that there will me snow this year two thousand and fourteen.