Chapter 4: The Lunch Trip

04.12.2014

Copyright © December 2014 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4: The Lunch Trip

Sandra Adele Rosé

"Adeline!" I called as she ran off to grab her backpack containing her homework and colouring equipment. Its been a busy morning and the house has been really cold because the snow is rising for just the begin of the month.

It was a shame, I couldn't get that roof fixed, I'm still planning to do so when I get enough money. "Coming." She said on her way to the front door.

I opened the front door and carried her light weight out the house, locking the door behind me. The breeze blew by of cold wind at the early morning. Walking to my car, that was covers in snow, I buckled Adeline into her car seat and turned on the windshield wipers for the glass view.

The snow was cleared from front view. Ten minutes passed and finally I could get in and drive. I noticed that Adeline was giggling at my struggles so I ignored her and let her laugh.

"Let's get you to school." I said and my respond was a sneeze. "Are you cold baby?" I turned in my seat and looked at her. She was in a jumper, jeans and a raincoat- of course she's cold.

But she shook her head. "I'm feeling warm." She said with another sneeze. I'm such a terrible parent, and I didn't know what to do. I stayed in the car, thinking about what to do. There was an option I could take but I refuse to think it was an option.

There was really no other option. I began driving the way back to town, making sure that the heating was on. Today was my second day working at the Douglas company, and I'm sure I'll be running late.

I stopped by a local pharmacy and borough a pack of affective cough medicine for Adeline. I was worried but it was only a small cold, so I continued driving the way to the kindergarten.

-

-

-

Liam Douglas

I checked my watch for the hundredth time in less than fifteen minutes. Sandra was running late, and I was getting worried plus there was a lot more work to do.

"Liam, that's one of our least concerns right now." He said watching me pace back and forth behind my chair from were he sat. "Besides you've got a daughter who needs you."

I stopped rushing and point at the genus. "You're right, I need to find out if Adeline has a father, no matter what I'll try to be that father figure." I encouraged myself and smiled. "Thanks Cameron, you really are the best."

He shrugged but smiled. "I guess you could say so."

"Sir, Ms. Adele Rosé is heading to your office." Jennifer my secretary said through the incomer. I adjusted my tie into place and made sure every trace vanished of my face.

"Take the documents and go." I hissed at the still seated Cameron. He stood to his feet casually as if I didn't tell him to leave. I took a seat and logged into my open laptop.

"I'll see you at lunch." He sang to piss me off, while he closed the door. It wasn't just that but he mocked me when he walked passed the glass wall, the whole journey until I couldn't see him anymore.

I began typing away, while checking the leaderboard online. It seems like we somehow dropped to second. My jaw clenched together at the event, of businessmen. It had never occurred to me till now that we had serious competition, I emailed Cameron to do an investigation for me- just as I was about to press enter to send it, there was a knock.