Chapter 17: The Skeletons

01.29.2016

Copyright © January 2016 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17: The Skeletons

Sandra Adele Rose

Eventually I was forced by the high society woman to go and talk to Liam.

I went in after a polite knock on his office door. I thought that I heard a faint 'come in', but then again I probably was imagining it.

Remembering when I was shocked due to what I witnessed on his laptop, I approached him.

Maybe he already knew who it was, though he didn't bother looking up.

Trying to catch the attention of someone like Liam Douglas was difficult. Hopefully he wouldn't make it hard for me to talk him into this.

"Has she finally left?" Asked his unpredictable voice.

I sat in the same spot from earlier. "Nope." I simply said, popping the 'p'.

"Morgan send you to talk me into going."

I had to admit, he knew his sister better than she did herself. It made me a little jealous since I didn't have any siblings.

I shrugged partly uninterested. "She's not leaving until you do something. I mean what will happen if she didn't show up...?"

He looked me straight in the eye, it almost made me want to get up and leave. The last part was uncalled for; we both knew that but I wanted him to think hard, which he seemed to be doing.

He didn't say anything after that. We stayed silent. It was quiet. I think I've done enough damage for one night. I got up to leave the room and give him time alone, I was just ruining everything. Sorry Morgan I did my best.

I left on the search for his sister. Let's just say she was having an argument with Adeline.

"I want daddy Liam!"

"He's busy with your mom."

I was about to announce my arrival when the girl screamed, making me deaf for a millisecond. "Daddy!"

Adeline ran passed me with a quick greeting of 'hi mommy', making me feel invisible. The word I wished she'd never utter, was said. I wasn't the only one feeling shocked; Morgan was too.

Surprisingly when I turned and saw that Liam caught her with ease, I didn't recognise my daughter. I saw the identical mini version of The Liam Douglas.

That's impossible. Where did Adeline go? The little sweetheart with the darkest jet brown hair and two emerald green jewels that sparkled beyond the moon. She was still there, but why was he in the picture?

The topic changed when Liam announced his departure time. "We are leaving in an hour, no later." He finalised.

"It's about time, but I only have two dresses."

"Well make it three." Stated Liam calmly. I was lost.