Chapter 18: The Douglas Ménage

02.07.2016

Copyright © February 2016 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 18: The Douglas Ménage

Sandra Adele Rose

It's been rough as it was already passed the New Year. The sound of 'Eve' made me cringe. Last time I checked it didn't turn out so well.

Christmas was spend with my mom who Liam invited to stay over; Leah and Cameroon who had his eyes on Adeline's babysitter.

Even if I faked a smile through the whole day; I did it for Adeline's sake because she didn't understand, however everyone else knew I wasn't okay and thankfully they didn't ask.

My mom was already let in on the topic, by Liam who really wanted her to hear it from me but I wasn't ready to talk.

I guess a part of me was a little hurt. Why was it her? The woman I'd have to see yet alone... be around. Liam did read my mind at some point, saying: "You won't have to see her if you don't want to." But I never answered, I wasn't selfish enough to keep her away from her brother.

He would choose her over me anytime. I wish I knew this all before, I would have avoided the encounter between Liam and I and I wouldn't have to pretend to be okay around him because I wasn't. It wasn't the same.

The fashion auction was put on hold and eventually cancelled. But I really don't give a flying monkey about that stuff.

I was worried for Adeline's health. And it made everything worse when I found out that Liam and David are sworn enemies.

My arm dropped as I heard voices on the other side of the door. It was strange that I didn't hear the front door ring or anyone coming into the house. But apparently someone did. I was curious to who it could be.

"What about all the fine ladies I had advised you about? They have ambitions, good backgrounds and no history of children." That familiar voice said laced with bitterness voiced out.

"My personal life is non of your concern. I'd appreciate it if you both can stop speaking about her like that."

"She had a child with your sister's boyfriend, I think that's a good enough reason."

"Son, your mother is right, this game you're playing is not good for the media and business. Stop wasting yours and our time; remember the ultimatum... And what's at stake." A deep male voice finalised.

It was silent for a while and I began wondering what was going on in there: that's how the door swings open and I was caught.

A tall man–well taller than me emerged out of the room first almost bumping into me. Thick dark brown hair, muscular arms, fine jaw; mixtures of blue, green and hazel eyes; a inch shorter than Liam and dressed in a shirt.

He was sharp at stopping and glared down at me. "And who are you, if I may ask?"

My mouth couldn't move, I was too caught up in being caught I didn't answer. Both Liam and his mother came out. "Meet Sandra," He answered for me, coming to stand beside me. "Sandra this is my father, Sebastian Douglas."

He looked so young, it's incredible. "Nice to meet you Sandra, very pretty as well." I shook his outstretched hand. "As tempting as it might be to stay, we must get going. We will let ourselves out." Sebastian said letting his wife lead the way.