1

Born Into Wealth

I sat at the kitchen island, my coffee cup between my hands on the white marbled countertop. This was easily my favorite place to sit in the morning. Where everyone was already gone, and I was left in my state of tranquillity. The kitchen caught the sunlight as it poured across the kitchen marbled floors. I peered out the floor-to-ceiling windows at the mixed glass and stone buildings from where I sat. And watched as a group of Feral pigeons flew in circles over Central Park.

The low ringing of the timer I set on my Apple Watch hangs in the air for a few seconds. It stops with a tap, and I turn my barstool to the side to hop off. I set my cup in the sink before going upstairs to my room to prepare for work.

I owned a company named Fasho, but before I go any further I'd have to explain how I came to this point.

I was born in the capital of the Lombardy region, Milan, in northeast Italy. This was the richest city in Italy. As you can already predict, I was born into a rich family. I was Italian from my mother's side and Filipino from my father's side.

My mother, Luna Soriano Ambrosia, was also born into wealth and my father. Javier Soriano Ambrosia. My mother's family had a company named Ambrosia Palace del Moto, in Italy that specialized in fabrics and clothing, high-end, luxury cashmere, and wool products. My father's family owned an automobile company named, Soriano Motor, in the Phillippines country in Asia that specialized in designing, engineering, manufacturing, and selling vehicles and related parts, services, and productions worldwide.

My mother had met my father when she went to Asia to visit one of her shops. He was coasting the streets grabbing something to eat and met her as she stepped out of her car. They met by chance as he walked her path and almost knocked her down. He asked her if he could make it up to her by buying her a meal and from there, their spark ignited.

I got inspired by my mother's work and her famous fashion designer clients. Whereas my brother Marco, well okay, so my brother fell in love with soccer growing up, but as he grew up my father told him to either work under his authority or make his own business. So he came along with me to New York City to create his own Automobile company named, SA Motor.

I, on the other hand, went to Parsons New School of Fashion Design, to pursue, well you know fashion design. There, I met Amber, my best friend. On my second day of school, I moved into the penthouse in Midtown East of 59th street, which falls next to Central Park. Amber moved in with me soon after.

In college, I also met Liam, my boyfriend, who had grown into wealth too. So we had things in common and clicked. He lived on the west side of Manhattan.

Revisiting the point, throughout college, I planned out how I was going to make my fashion company, so when I graduated from Parsons, I was confident enough to recruit students from my school who loved fashion design as much as me, and now they were my roommates too.

My roommates consisted of Amber, Brian, Sofia, and Yufei. They were already at work, as I pressed the down button next to the elevator that was in the foyer of my penthouse. When it dinged with the doors gliding open, I stepped in and the doors slide close. I lived on the 76th, and 77th floors so it took a while to go down.

When the elevator doors slide back open a few minutes later, the doorman, Harold sees me and holds the main door open for me. As I approach him, he smiles. "Good morning, Ms. Ambrosia," he greets.

"Good morning, Harold."

As I walk out I glance over at Gorge, my driver. "Pleasant morning, Ms. Ambrosia." He says in his British accent. My mother hired him for me, she claimed he used to be her driver; but since he used to be in the military she wanted him to protect me. I've gotten along with him since the first day. He did his job effortlessly.

"How's it going Gorge?" He walks me to the limo now and smiles sweetly at me before holding the backseat door open for me.

"Taking this graceful day with ease." I smile at him and nod.

"I'll have to borrow your attitude today if you don't mind?" I dip my head and get into the car with the ease I borrowed from him.

He bends down to get on my eye level and says, "Not one bit." Then closes the door and comes to the driver's side before driving down the streets of New York.