15

Good Load

"That belt, and that dress," I say to Kevin as I point at the two pieces (an Aegean puffed sleeve blue dress and an Indigo belt), as we work in my office. Racks of clothes surround us, and we had about a month and a half before the Fasho Primavera Fashion Show.

"Amber see if you can find shoes that go well with the belt," I say and look around in realization. "Where are the fishnet stockings?"

Sofia's eyes widen. "I'll get them, sorry." I give her a soft smile and she disappears to get me those stockings.

I watch as Amber looks through the shoes, and I survey them. "Grab the green ones," I say. She looks at me.

"Which ones?" I point to the ones in the back. The shoes were in see-through bags hung on the racks. She pointed to the one I want and I nod. She zips the bag open and takes the shoes out. She bends down and helps the model into them.

"Were you looking for fabric with a floral print?" A voice comes from my door, I look and see Brian. I nod with enthusiasm. 

"Oh my god, yes, thank god you reminded me, be a dear and bring me any you can find." He nods, throws up a thumb, and walks over to the elevator.

I look back at the model, the shoes were on, as well as the dress and the belt. "All that's missing is the Fishnet stockings," Amber says. "I'm going to take off the shoes, I just realized the stockings go first."

I nod and bite my bottom lip as I wait for Sofia. 

"So," Kevin, who was straight but could as easily be seen as gay, leans against my desk next to me with a knowing smile. "I heard there was a date."

My face flushes, and I smile, remembering the day at the Cafe two days ago. "It wasn't a date."

One thing you have to know about Kevin is that he had his moments of confidence when he wasn't under pressure, I try not to put pressure on my designers, but when my perfectionist side appears, there's nothing I want to see but what I'm asking for. Right there, and ready to go.

So of course, it only made sense why he was standing beside me asking me about my personal life, things were right on track.

"So she says..." Amber says. I smile widely at her and roll my eyes like a dumb high school girl. I mentally shake myself back into my body and stand up straight.

Sofia opens the door with her back, and she pushes the rack into the room. Amber looks away from me and begins to flip through the stocking. She holds up purple stockings and I nod. She helps the model slip into it, and then she puts on the green shoes.

"Dilan," I say to the model. She looks at me. "Do me a favor and walk from the door to me and twirl...let's see how that looks."

She nods, and she walks over to the door and struts toward me finishing with a twirl. Everyone looks at me, expectantly. "Alright, I like it," I look down at her shoes. "Do the shoes bother you in any way with the stocking?" I look up at her. "Be honest."

"They feel fine."

I nod. "Alright," I look at Kevin. "Take this outfit and place it with the other outfits we assembled. Hopefully, Brian gives us the floral print fabric before the end of the week and we can start the garments." He nods, and Amber helps the model out of the outfit. 

I turn to Sofia, "Sof, get Marco on the phone, let him know I'll be a bit late."