17

Drink Up

After the tryouts, I leaned against my limo and looked at the University doors, waiting for the doors to swing open and for the guys to walk out.

Eventually, they did, and they had shrunken facial expressions. "Everything went okay?"

They reached me. Their eyes filled with sadness until they raptured in laughter and smiles. "Everything went amazing," Marco explains. "There was a lot of talent within that group of people."

"How much went through?"

"About sixteen," Alexander says. I nod.

"Good, you need fifteen to twenty players to make a team."

"How do you know so much about soccer?" Yufei asked me now. I look at my brother with a proud smile.

"I grew up watching my brother, and I got interested one day and searched up a bunch of facts about it just so I can sound smart." I shook my head remembering it.

George stepped out of the car and rounded it. I pulled myself off the car and he opened the door. "Thanks." I step in and slide to the other end to make space.

When we got home, I got a call.

"Hello?" I made my way to the steps, turned around, and sat on the second step.

"Hey, it's Dilan." The model from the other day.

"Right, right, hey."

She gives me a soft laugh. "I'm having a party tonight, I thought I'd invite you."

I glanced over at the guys in the living room, pouring themselves wine. "Can I bring some friends?"

"Yes, of course, I'll send you my address, see you soon."

"Yeah, see you soon, thanks."

I stand up from my spot on the step and make my way to the guys. They looked over at me, and I sat down beside Alexander on the leather couch.

"What was that about?" Marco asked.

"A party invitation," I say a smile forming on my face. "Who's in?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Marco asks. I shrug and look at Alexander, he nods. Then at Yufei who shrugs.

"Alright, let's meet by the foyer." Everyone nods, and we stand up to get ready. The boys follow Yufei, and I go to my room.

In my room, I walk into my closet and inspect my dresses. One by one, I flip through them, until finally, I see a red thigh slit Fairuza dress. It was a one-shoulder corset satin dress that gathered at the hip to flatter my figure.

After an amazing shower, I decided to wear black see-through stockings under the dress, which I'm not ashamed to admit made me look sexy. I wore some black Gigi Sling Slingbacks.

I grabbed my clutch, tossed my phone and wallet in, grabbed my Anders's long black leather coat, and made my way down the stairs where I see the boys waiting in front of the foyer.

They look up at me, my eyes land on Alexander's, and for some insane reason his reaction made me feel good, I've made the right choice in dress.

"Alright, gentlemen, let's go have the time of our lives."

That night George drove us to the 1 OAK nightclub. And we shared a wine bottle, getting ourselves prepped for what's to come. The whole ride, Alexander and me kept glancing at each other. Sometimes I caught him staring at my legs or scanning my body which if I admit made my body heat up.

I walked into 1 OAK in flames, I was a burning pit and his eyes were the matches. I made myself some rules for tonight.

Stay away from Alexander. Don't fall into his charm. Just friends.

The place was already raging, not extremely full, but it was rage nonetheless. It was loud, from the music, from the chatter. I found Dilan after a few minutes of swimming through the crowd, where I met Kyle Jenner and her boyfriend Travis Scott. I also caught up with Cara Delevingne.

"This is amazing, right?" Dilan asks me after we pass the greetings.

"It is," I say, then turn to the boys. "This is my brother Marco, fashion designer Yufei, and my brother's friend Alexander."

She shook their hands, and then we went to the bar, where I got a specialty Cocktail.

We clang out cups, and I made my way to the middle of the crowd and danced. The music made its way through my body, I swayed, and I raised my cups which people did as well. I sure knew how to start a wave of movement. At Christopher's, 90s-costume-themed-party, I found myself leading a whole dance floor through a whole line of 90s dance moves.

I bobbed my head, as I moved my hips, my hand to the air. I felt electric.

Suddenly I felt hands wrap around me from behind and I jerked away. I looked behind me just to see Alexander. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

I had my hand on my chest, but now I put it to the side as I realized I won't be able to escape Alexander. I ignored his eyes and continued to dance. Maybe if I pretend that he wasn't here I would make it through.

I sway my hips and raise my hands to the air, the beat becomes my body, we were synced. I felt my body explode with every dance move, my hand moving up and down my body, as I twirl my hips, and whip my hair.

I close my eyes and let myself melt into myself.

"You dance like you're a flame," Alexander says with his lips against my ear. I felt his body heat on my back, his hands move on my waist. "Set me on fire."

I swayed on him, and let myself melt into his touch. The back of my head fell on his shoulder as he held my hips. No, stay away from him.

I pull away and make my way through the crowd. I wish it was easy to say yes, to shrug it all off and let him in. But...it's not.

I go outside, feeling my heart slam against my chest. I still felt his warmth moving through me like a river. In another world, I'd be able to give in, but I couldn't. There was something I found so dangerous about letting myself melt into him. Letting myself be devoured by him, his touch and flames.

The memory of us dancing flickers in my brain, and my heart quickens. His effect travels through my stomach, and for some reason, I feel like it will only keep expanding.

"Sorry, just friends, right." I hear him say. I don't meet his eyes. His voice was enough to set me burning to the ground. It was hard to be just friends with Alexander, we slept together, and after that, there was no going back. But, I had to make it work.

I feel his eyes on me. He can stare at me all he wants. He won't get the satisfaction of touching me. Not tonight.

I turn to go back to the party I abandoned. He steps in my way, making me look him in the eyes. The one I wanted to avoid, his eyes were the finish line, his gaze, was filled with a blazing desire.

"Just friends..." I say, but barely loud enough to convince myself. I close my eyes. "Just friends..."

His forehead leans on mine, his body warmth radiates on me, and I try to breathe. "Just friends..."

I back up, walk around him and go back into the party. "Just. Friends."