21

Driving Me Insane

Alexander seemed to get the message, after that day every time we met up to discuss the soccer team, he kept it professional. The business vibe he gave off was only making everything sexier than I'd like. Just yesterday, he was in shirt sleeves, an expensive dress shirt, and he was wearing dark, perfectly creased trousers as if he'd just stepped out of a meeting.

That was the only time I saw him, it was like he decided to move on. Sometimes I was glad about it, thinking it was probably all for the best. Some other times, I found myself in tears.

He would cross the room to gather his belongings, put his phone in his pocket, and head for the elevator. Never glanced at me once. I only knew that because I was always looking at him, waiting for him to lock eyes with me, it never came.

I find myself staring at the shape of his lips, soaking in the tone of his voice when he speaks, which wasn't much. The smile that appears on his face, makes me want to walk across the room and just give in.

I wasn't a fan of this Margo in any way, whatsoever.

Every day, I found myself wanting to throw my arms around him and kiss him, and maybe I would've if I didn't want to so badly. Nothing happened between us, and that nothingness was somewhat jarring. I haven't gone through one day where he doesn't infiltrate my brain. It makes it impossible to concentrate on anything.

I even find myself pulling out my phone from my pocket to check for messages, but the screen always turns up blank.

We were two people with our hearts on fire, and now we were ice, melting into nothing. Despite my best efforts to forget him, he's been dominating my thoughts, constantly.

Why couldn't I just leave you in the dust?