3

Thoughts

Stepping into my luxurious tub, I soak my body in hot water to wash away my confounded feelings.

I take a sip from my wine glass and set it back down on the side wooden table. I lean my head back and recline closing my eyelids, trying to deflect my thoughts.

I groan irked and open my eyes again. How was it possible for him to invade my mind this way, weeks ago I could go a day without a care in the world, and yet here I was in this inescapable headspace.

I grasp my wine glass and hold it up to my lips and swallow a mouth full before I coolly hold it in midair with his face on my mind.

What did this mean for Liam and me? And how come he didn't affect my heart the same way? This undeniably without a doubt, just shows and says one thing: I no longer loved Liam.

If I ever loved him to begin with.

This notion alone made me sick to my stomach. The whole time—for however long—I was blind. I lived most of my life with all my feelings behind a closed door, trusting that it'll be passably okay.

But I felt a small-scale of love wander loose. Consequently, leaving me in this state of seeking refuge.

Have I changed throughout the night?

I inwardly shake my head and swallow the remains of my wine before I plop the wine glass down and slide under the water and bubbles simultaneously disappearing from the earth, and trying to drown the cloud of rigid thoughts.