Getting Ready For a Great Night

Austin POV

I get home for just enough time to get ready and practice how I am going to propose to Ally. That's right. I'm going to propose to her tonight. I bought an expensive ring that has a music note on the front embedded with diamonds. On the back has our always that says "There's No Way I Could Make It Without You" inscribed with diamonds. Only my parents and Ally's parents, Lester and Penny Dawson, know what I am about to do tonight.

"Mom! Dad! I'm going to go get ready for tonight!" I shout through my room downstairs.

"Okay, honey!" My mom calls up. I take a shower, put on my tux, and arrange my blond hair so it looks perfect for this big occasion. I go to my room and take the velvet box that my ring sits in and put it in my pocket. I practice how I am going to propose and finally, in an hour, I got it just right.

I head downstairs and my parents stare at me for a moment. I start to get worried and say "What? Is there a stain anywhere or something?"

"Oh, honey! You look so handsome tonight. I'm so glad you chose Ally." My mom gushes over me.

"Thanks mom." I say, rolling my eyes. She holds out her arms for a hug. My dad steps forward.

"I'm glad you're taking Ally as your bride. But are you absolutely ready for this?" My dad is always so protective

"Yes, dad. She is the one. I know I am making the right decision." I hope my dad doesn't have second thoughts of me getting married. I look him straight in the eyes. I hug him and suddenly I know I am making the right choice.

"Tell us all about it when you come back, Austin!" my mom calls out as I open the door and start heading to my car.

"I will!" And suddenly I feel this negative wave rush over me like something bad was going to happen. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I quickly wash it off.

Gosh, I'm so nervous that I can hear my own heartbeat. I park my car on the street and head for Ally's house. I ring the doorbell, and Ally's father opens the door. "Austin, take a seat on the couch. Ally will be here in a moment" Mr. Dawson winks at me. I smile and wait.

Finally, Ally walks through the doorway. I am at loss at words. Honestly, I can't describe how gorgeous she looks. Her silky, soft hair is perfectly curled and parted to the side. She is wearing a beautiful, blue, flowing dress that shows off her perfect figure. Her ears wear blue jewels and on her feet are black heels. Ally giggles a bit when she realizes I'm staring at her and my mouth is probably wide open.

"Ally, you look....just...beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, amazing, and pretty."

"Thank you Austin. You don't look too bad yourself." She says giggling and punches me on the shoulder in a playful way.

"Hey!" I laugh and her dad walks in. He winks at me again and looks at Ally.

"Ally, have a great time on your date with Austin. I know you are going to have an amazing time time tonight." He says and gives Ally a hug. Ally and I head out the door. There it was again, the same horrible feeling I had before. I look at Ally, and for a second I swear that a look of confusion spreads out on her face. Is it just me or are we both feeling it?

"Bye, dad! See you tonight!!" Ally calls out. Trying to break the tension, I run to my car and open the door.

"Shall we go m'lady?" I ask bowing. Ally smiles and looks at me before heading in.

"Yes, we shall." And we start out on an amazing feeling.