Back To Ascendance

Once i walked into the barn, i noticed Adam was happy to see i was awake, i realized he was drawing something, as a smile crossed my face, while i let curiosity take over me. "Let me see" i said, as Adam tried hiding the drawing. "They aren't ready yet!" he said, as he blocked the drawing he drew, with his hands. "Adam, come on, you've been saying that forever" i said, as he sighed, moving his hands out of the way. The drawing was of him and i on Earth. My fingers traced the side of the picture, as i could feel Adam staring at me, while i gazed in amazement as the image. 

Moments later i told him about the prophecy, and how we now actually had a bigger reason to leave. Because we are suppose too. "It's still dangerous! and plus, my mother was probably right, it could be a myth. Just some rumor everyone has been passing around for years" he said, as he got up from his desk. "I use to believe heaven was a myth until i came here" i said, as he looked over at me not fully convinced about leaving. "What makes you think after all these years Earth safe?" Adam said. "I know it's dangerous, but if our existence means that Earth is now habitable again? that would mean we should go" i said. A flicker of light then traveled through the window of the barn and on the walls. "Eve, get behind me" he whispered, as i did so. 

"They're back aren't they" i whispered, as i hid behind him. Adam looked out the barn window to see where the flicker was coming from, which was the kitchen, it must have been a signal from his parents that something was wrong. "We need to go" he says, as he walks over and pulls off a blanket which reveals a car underneath it. "My father and i were building this for emergencies, have been for awhile." he said, as i took out one of my oxygen pills. We then hopped into the car to leave, "wait, what about your parents?" i asked, "they'll be fine" he said, starting up the car. 

But before we could leave, guardians busted down the doors of the barn, invading within all different areas of the perimeter as my heart raced within my chest. All i knew was that if i were to get caught or go anywhere, i'm happy it's with Adam. He stepped on the gas as he knocked a few of them to the ground before blasting out of the barn. We sped off down a cornfield, as he pressed a few buttons and stepped on the gas. "Ever watch back to the future?" he asked, as i looked over at him, confused. "No, why?!" i asked, the vehicle then shifted course into the air, as we screamed while we blasted off into space. 

The moment we were in space, Adam looked stunned by how beautiful all the planets were from here. Before we could take in the moment, bullets were hitting the car, as i pressed my suit, making it transition the arm into weaponry as i shot back at the unwanted visitors. Adam was busy dodging space junk and asteroids, as i continued shooting at them from afar. Within a moment of chaos, we were now in the clear. As we looked over at each other, catching our breaths. Out the corner of my eye, was Earth. Adam saw me staring at it, and followed my gaze. 

"Do you feel it too?" i asked, as he looked at me, but i didn't separate my gaze from my planet. "The longing, the yearning for it? all of it..." i asked, as he sighed seeming as though he didn't wanna admit it at first. "Yeah.. i do" he said. "Adam, i don't wanna go without you, i want you to come with me. To be apart of this journey" i said, as he held my hand. "And if we die?" he asked, as i sighed, knowing that could be a possibility. "Then we die together" i said, as he smiled. 

"I'm not entirely on board with this...plan. But, i want to be wherever you are, and if heading to Earth together, seems like the best option. Then so be it. Wherever you are, is home to me." he said, as i smiled, that was when my gaze fell to his lips. As his did as well, we started to lean in to solidify the conversation, but a bigger ship swallowed our entire ship whole within there garage. As the doors closed in front of us. I began to panic, as he squeezed my hand. "...Out.." was all i could hear when guardians were pointing there saber guns at us to retreat from the car. 

"They're telling us to get out of the car" Adam said, as my heart was racing and my palms were already sweaty. I know Adam could tell since they were in his hands. We remove ourselves from the car slowly, as a guardian comes closer to me, seeing my in my disguise. "Remove your mask" my suit translates as i held my hands in the air, surrendering. As i pressed a button, my true self was revealed. As i heard a gasp from the other guardians in the back. They then grabbed us, placing hand cuffs on our wrists, and ushering us into a cell. Adam was in the other cell right next to me, as we couldn't see each other and  the bars prevented us from hugging. 

I felt the ship take course back to Jupiter, as i sat on the floor of the cell, resting my back against the bars. "Adam, i'm sorry.. this is all my fault. I shouldn't have come looking for you. And i shouldn't have landed you in all of this, if it weren't for me. You and your parents would be safe, back on Jupiter." i said, as i could feel tears falling out of my eyes. "Eve, don't say that.. this isn't your fault" he said, as i couldn't bare to face him, knowing it was. 

"I got myself in this situation and i would do it all over again in a heart beat.. because, Eve look at me" he said, as i wiped my tears and turned to face him but all i could see was a wall. "Because i'm in love with you" he said, as i chuckled before crying too. Gosh, i wish i could see you right now" i said, as he laughed. But i love you too Adam" i said, as he reached his hand under the wall, his fingers visible to me. i smiled, linking my fingers with his. 

"No matter what happens Eve, i'm not going anywhere..." he said, as i teared up. "Me either" i whispered, as i laid on the floor, while i could hear him do the same. We then fell asleep, holding hands with one another.