The Dead Commandments

The unlocking sound of our bars confined cell, was the one thing that woke me up abruptly, as guardians snatched me off the floor and placed hand cuffs back on me. Ushering me out of the cell and pointing a gun at me so i could keep walking down the hall. I looked over at Adam who was walking beside me, as he gave me a comforting look that sort of soothed my worries. Whatever happens we were going through this together and that's what mattered. 

The guardians forced us down the hall and through the ship, as we made it to the royal room. The room i've only heard certain people talk about on each ship, but never actually seen one before. A royal room, was the room the royals would come to and discuss a conflict that has occurred on the main ship. i'm guessing the conflict to discuss was us. It almost seemed like a council. The room had golden thrones and a sort of jury of aliens watching us from the sidelines. 

The guardians forced us to our knees as we bowed to the woman that was sitting on her throne, her skin was a beautiful dark beige. As she wore a silk golden dress that was almost dragging on the floor with her golden cloak. A crown rests above her head, as she rose from her seat and eyed us from a distance. The shocked expressions on everyone's face of our existence, still never got to me. "I've heard talk about the shoplifters and the escapes of the planets, but never did i assume they were human.." she said, as her voice was a mocking silk velvet tone. 

She walked closer to us, eyeing us closely and squinting a few times. I could tell she was trying to guess our age, since Adam and i were teenagers, practically almost adults. That seemed to bother her. Within a second, she snatched my arm and pulled me towards, making my heart race as i jerked back not wanting to bump into her from the sudden force. I could see Adam out of the corner of my eye, try to stop her, but she gave him a death glare. Her death gaze then turned back to me, as her eyes were a golden brown. It was terrifying as they penetrated my soul. 

All she did was eye me some more, my heart was pounding so loudly in my chest, as she leaned closer and smelled my neck, then my hair. I tried to steady my breathing, so she wouldn't notice but it was hard to hide. "Aliens must have harbored these two, and raised them as there own. Someone has broken the commandments" she said to what seemed like the audience watching us. That was when she whisked a portion of my long hair off of my shoulder and out of the way to see if i had a birth mark symbol. She scoffed, "let her go" Adam said, as she looked at him, before dropping me to the floor,  i caught my breath in relief of her not murdering me. 

"You okay?" he whispered, as i nodded rubbing my arm that i hadn't realize she was squeezing to death until she let go. I looked over at the queen again, as she seemed to have looked confused when Adam showed such concern to my well being. "They must be...in love! how cute!" she taunted, before smiling sarcastically and then ordering the guardians to bring in Adam's parents. "NO!" him and i say in unison, but it was too late. Adam's parents come stumbling in by the guardians force, i could see Adam wanted to help them. "Adam, don't, she'll kill you" i whispered, as he sighed, eyeing his parents with worry. 

They looked at him devastatingly, as they were in handcuffs just like us, only a few feet away. "Stay put, everything's gonna be okay" his mother said, but i already knew what was about to happen. They walked over and stood in front of the queen, as she folded her arms in disgust at them. "Do you know this human named Adam? and have you hid him all these years from us?" she asked, as her voice was loud and clear in this echoing room. There was a small silence at first, as i could see his parents were hesitating to answer. "ANSWER ME!" she yelled, as the guardians raised there guns in Adam's parents direction. "Yes" they said in unison, as the queen frowned. 

"Please your majesty, please have mercy on them!" Adam begged, as i watched in horror at what the queen was about to do next. The queen eyed Adam, before looking back over at his parents who were already in tears. Her gaze then turned to the guardians, as she spoke to them into Jupiteronin. Adam hollered and within a second gunshots were fired and his parents corpses fell to the floor. "We have laws for a reason, and if that law were to be broken, they must pay for their crimes. It wouldn't be fair to me or to anyone to keep your parents alive, after what they've done. Cause if word got out someone broke the rules, and got away with it. There would be no order, no structure, no stability, and i couldn't have that" she said, i cradled Adam as he cried into my arms. 

As i held him, i tried not to stare at his now dead parents on the floor, as it began to trigger the memory of my parents dying, which made my eyes shut closed, as i cried with him. "Get rid of them" the queen said, as the guardians picked up the corpses and dragged them out by the feet. Adam became furious, as he ran over to the queen raising his hands, as though he was about to strangle her with his hand cuffs. But instead the guards were at his throat with swords, "Adam no!" i screamed, as he stepped back. "Step any closer, and Eve dies" the queen said, as Adam followed the queen's finger who was pointing at me. I sat there on the floor of the royal room, defenseless, and terrified. Adam then sighed, taking a few more steps back. 

"That's what i thought" she said, as Adam made his way back over to me. "Both born on separate planets, yet don't bare the mark of the conceived. Interesting" she said, as someone from the audience spoke. "That would mean they are fully human then, no trace of alien blood in there system" a man said. "Wouldn't that mean the prophecy is true?" a woman said, as i was curious to know of the queen's reaction. After that was said, everyone gasped. 

I watched as the queen struggled with ideas of what to do with us, as everyone in the audience were throwing out ideas. "We should banish them to Mars! and have the Marsmaticals devour them!" someone said, "or maybe we could toss them into the depths of fire! make them suffer!" another one said. With every horrific idea that was shot into the atmosphere, Adam and i were terrified to meet our fate until.. "what if we we just followed through with the prophecy?" a man said. 

But the queen ignored his suggestion, before she could decide something else, the royal doors opened and the king approached the scene. The queen's expression and demeanor instantly changed and she bowed before him. The king eyed us with a stunned look on his face, "perhaps the common man is right, the prophecy must be true, it had to be. How else could you explain there existence?" he said, as he walked in front of us. Adam caressed my cheek, as the king watched us from afar. "My king, there is no way we can allow them to leave! how do we know if they aren't a harm to our aliens? it was their kind that assumed our species were abominations! what makes us think they think differently of us now?" she asked. 

"That was thousands of years ago, these humans were raised for what seems like quite many years by our kind. The only parents they knew, was our species. I doubt they still think the same way." he said, as i was pleased he assumed correctly. But of course, the queen wasn't convinced. They then began to argue about it back and forth, i was getting sick and tired of the bantering so i cut in. "I believe the prophecy and didn't mean any harm towards the aliens. But we are willing to leave, our parents already paid the price for there crimes, but it's not like we had control over our own birth." i said, as Adam chimed in. "My parents were aliens and so were Eve's, not once did we hurt them." he said, as the queen snapped back. 

"No! but it's because of you they're dead! they died protecting you, hiding you, and if it weren't for you they would still be alive!" the queen said, as we flinched from her sudden tone change. "Stop" the king said, as he grabbed her arm. "Until we can be sure that the humans aren't a threat, we should keep them in the boiler room." he said, as the guardians forced us off the floor and out of the room, down to the boiler room. 

"Adam i am so sorry about your parents" i said, as Adam nodded, "it's just us now Eve, and our only way out is the prophecy" he said, as i knew what he meant. "Earth" we said in unison. I remembered i was still wearing my suit, as i found a vent in the boiler room on the ceiling. "Give me a boost" i said, as i touched a button on my suit disguising my appearance. He did so, as i climbed into the vents, and he followed. My suit then ignited light, as it mapped out a way to the emergency shuttles. Once we make it to the room of shuttles, word gets out we escaped, as sirens and lights start flickering and going off. "Hurry!" Adam said, as we hopped in the shuttle and began to start our course to Earth. But the minute we made it into space, a war broke out and landed us onto Pluto.