Till Earth Do Us Part

As Adam was steering the ship towards Earth, i felt like this was it, i was finally going to reach my real home, the one i have been waiting to see and breathe within, for all the years i've lived on Neptune. I knew there was still a possibility, that the prophecy wasn't true, and the Earth could still be uninhabitable. But that was a risk i was willing to take. After awhile, we let the ship cruise, and talked about the things we were excited to do, once we made it to our home planet. 

"I can't wait to do everything together" Adam said, as i smiled giving him a kiss, before i felt like i couldn't breathe.I remembered.. i was out of oxygen pills. And i never told Adam, until now.

 "Eve?! Eve are you okay!? what's wrong?! what do i do?!" he asked, as i was trying the best i could to just breathe but i couldn't, the oxygen in this ship wasn't something my lungs were use too. 

"Eve, just breathe!" Adam yelled, as i clutched my throat gasping for air, as my vision started to go blurry, and a burning sensation took over my chest. I couldn't believe i was gonna die on my way to Earth. Adam checked my pack to see if i had anymore oxygen pills left as i reached for it, but there was nothing. "Just hold on okay, hold on!" Adam yelled, as he ran over to the steering wheel and stepped on the gas. I could feel my heart starting to slow, as it was getting harder and harder to stay alive. I turned to my side, to see if that would make it easier, but also to see what Adam was doing. "Damn it Eve!" he said, as i could see thousands of ships blocking Earth. 

Adam's POV 

I couldn't believe my eyes, as thousands of ships, from all different planets were blocking our way to Earth. I found the speaker on the ship, so i could communicate with them, hoping this would change something. "I know you all are just trying to protect your kind, but we all know the reason why Earth became inhabitable in the first place is because, everyone prevented aliens and humans to coexist and the universe fell out of balance, causing mayhem to unravel on the planet. If you prevent the prophecy from coming true, your people could die." i said, as i looked over at Eve who's lips were turning blue, as my heart was pounding. 

"Just listen to me, those perfect ten commandments, that you guys call structure and order are crap. Not a single one of you follows either of them unless you want too. You keep calling yourselves aliens of order and equality, but can you do that when you yourselves don't even stay true or loyal to your own commandments? let us pass, not just because of the prophecy, but because it's the right thing to do. And deep down, you all know it." i said, as i watched the ships not budge for a moment. Before i could give up, the ships soared out of the way one by one. 

"Eve! they're letting us pass!" i yelled, as i looked back over at her, and she wasn't moving. "Eve?!" i yelled, before stepping on the gas and making it towards Earth. "Come on, don't die on me Eve!" i said, as i crashed into Earth's ozone layer. Once we made it through, i couldn't believe my eyes. Mountains, grass, an ocean nearby, and tons of trees were in sight, as a smile crossed my face. I approached the land below us and landed the ship firmly on the ground. 

Ran over to Eve, and picked her up off the floor, as i pressed the exit button for the back door of the ship to open. The air felt warm against my skin, as the sun was beaming right above us. Everything was so beautiful and i just needed Eve to see it. I laid her down on the grass outside, and started doing CPR. Pressing down on her chest and breathing into her mouth, so she could breathe. "Come on Eve, open your eyes, please.." i whispered, as i continued doing CPR. 

"Look, we made it! we made it, just open your eyes" i said, as tears started to fall down my cheeks. Once i was about to stop, Eve's eyes flung open, as she gasped for air, before breathing rapidly. "EVE!" i screamed, as she peered up at the blue sky above us, then her eyes met mine, as she smiled. 

Eve's POV: 

I was finally able to breathe on a planet, where i didn't need oxygen pills, i was finally home. And Adam was with me. I hugged him as he cried into my shoulder. My hand touched the grass underneath me, as i could feel the texture of it under my finger tips. It's everything i could've possibly dreamed of and so much more. "We're home, Eve" Adam said, as i smiled, tears of joy in my eyes. I could just feel an overwhelming sense of safety and happiness. Adam helped me to my feet, as he picked me up and spun me around. I laughed and beamed, before we shared a kiss under the beautiful Earth's sky. Afterwards, our fingers intertwined, as the world was finally in our hands and endless opportunities of freedom, started just beyond that mountain.