The other Freak

*Sorry guys, for the super long hiatus. Work beckoned. Anyway thank you so much for your patience. Special Tutoring is going to end in like (counting on fingers) less than 10 chapters? Luv Vardin*

"...From the angle where you guys were at, no wonder that you couldn't see that Amy's bases were wobbling very hard. It was like either she had to drop me or fall down herself," I explained, cuddling my teddy from my perch on the bed. Qin sat in front of my mirror, applying blusher. My sister wasn't the roll-eyes kind, she was more of a purse-lips kind. Right at this very second, I could see her reflection draw her lips together in a straight line which she was wont to do everytime I brought up Amy. Guess she was going to have to reapply her lipstick again.

When I finished, she replied,"Mai, your perspective is either driven by your experience in cheer or your loyalty to Amy. But please understand that from where Father, Mother and I were watching, it was as if she deliberately let go. Is it normal to look so cheerful if you were wobbling around?"

How could I convince my sister, a total novice where Cheer is concerned, that it was expected behavior as an elite cheerleader? Cracking under pressure, even if it is just something as simple as a fading smile, is a massive no-no during competition.

It was pointless. Rather than allowing this topic sow discord between us, it would be better to explore it at a later date when Qin was in a more favorable frame of mind.

"I guess we will just have to agree to disagree where Amy is concerned..." I said with a dramatic sigh, before changing the topic. "Anyway where is Samantha meeting you?"

Qin frowned, her lipstick hovering just in front of her lips.

"I don't know. I've messaging her for hours. It's not like her to drop off the Earth without responding. Worse still, both tickets are with her. I hope she is going to show up outside the concert hall. It's been excruciating waiting two months just to watch this concert. Not to mention a four hour drive to and from Manhattan."

"Must be really awesome for you to be this enthusiastic about it."

"Pretty much," conceded Qin. "Other than the official acts, they are promising some surprise acts. Sam thinks that they are most likely overseas artistes. Still, it was a good strategy. The tickets sold out almost immediately. "

"Anyway I got to get going... you OK here on your own?"

I waved her concern off. "Don't worry, I can walk about without help now. Mom is downstairs and Ethan is coming over later for dinner. Remember to meet us for brunch tomorrow OK?"

"Ya, C- House's right?" Qin's voice faded in this distance. "I will be back home tonight anyway."

I turned back to the study notes in my lap. Nope, homework could wait, I had better uses of my time than to sit around on a Saturday afternoon studying. I picked up my phone and messaged Ethan.

"Be there in two minutes." How convenient to have a boyfriend who lived right next door. Besides it has been way too long since we last did it. On one hand, I was touched that Ethan was so considerate towards my injury, but on the other hand, his reluctance to do more than kissing and hugging has been driving me insane. Planting my hand down my denim shorts, I ran my finger in a teasing circle on the outside of my panties, getting a little excited by the memory of what happened on my bed so many months (??) ago.

"I see that you started the party without me." Startled, I turned to the window.

One hand on the window frame, Ethan was straddling the ledge, teasing smile in place.

"You scared me!" I replied, hand on my chest. "Why did you come up the tree instead?"

"I bumped into your sister outside, she told me your mom is downstairs. Kind of put a damper on my plan. So I thought I'd surprise you."