Chapter 1

"Hey, baby. You ready to go for a walk?" You ask Cooper.

Cooper barks at you, tail wagging excitedly. "Okay. Go get your leash." You said. You had trained him to get his leash whenever you took him for a walk.

Soon enough Cooper handed you his leash. "Okay, Coop." You said as you attached the leash to his collar. "Let's get going." You said. "Oh, and Cece. Behave okay?" You said to your naughty little parrot.

"Yes, mama." She said.

"Love you, Cece. I'll be back soon." You said and closed the door.

That was you. Just you, Cooper and Cece. The two animals were all you had as a family, since your parents and brother died in a car accident when you were just 16. You only survived beacuse your brother covered you with his body.

You walked to the dog park and unleashed Cooper and threw him his ball to play with. He caught the ball and came running back to you.

You threw the ball again and Cooper ran. But, unfortunately he ran straight into a man walking in front of him, knocking him down to the ground.

You ran towards them and pulled Cooper away from the man. "You okay?" You asked the man.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said as he stood up. Dusting the dirt off of his jacket.

"I'm really sorry. He just ran to get his ball and...." You said.

"It's fine. I don't mind. He's a cute dog." He said. You looked in his deep ocean blue eyes. That you wanted to dive deep into. "Excuse me?" The man waved his hand in front of your face.

"Uh, sorry." You said. "You were saying?"

"I said he's a cute dog. What's his name?" He said.

"Oh, he's Cooper. Cooper say 'hi' to.." You quirked your eyebrows at him.

"Steve. Steve Rogers." He said, extending his hand for you to shake, which you did. "Hi to you too, Cooper."

Cooper barked in response which made Steve chuckle. "Cooper, go get your ball, boy." You said and ushered him in the direction of the ball.

"I'm really sorry about him. I really am." You said.

"Hey, it's okay. I don't mind." Steve said, putting a hand on your arm.

"Okay." You said.

"So, what's your name?" Steve asked.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You said.

"That's a nice name." He said, making you blush.

"Thanks." You said, putting a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"If you uh, if you don't mind. Would you like to have a coffee with me?" Steve asked. Finding the courage.

"Oh. I don't want to disturb your schedule." You said.

"It's fine. And it's a Saturday." Steve said.

"Oh yes. I completely forgot." You chuckled.

"So, is that a yes?" Steve said.

"Yes, Steve. I would love to have a coffee with you. But only if the place is pet friendly." You said.

Steve smiled and shook his head. "It is." He said.

"Then it won't be a problem." You said.

"Shall we get going?"

"Sure. Just let me call Coop." You said and called Cooper who was rolling in the grass with his ball. "Let' go, boy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what work do you do?" Steve asked. You two have been talking for about two hours. Steve had already told you who he was. You had no problem with who is was, of course.

Who the hell are you to judge people?

"I work at the central park zoo as a caretaker." You said.

"Sounds interesting." He said.

"It is." You chuckled.

You heard Cooper whimper from the floor he had been lying on for the last two hours. "What's wrong, bud?" You asked him. "You wanna go home? Okay. Just a few minutes." You said and turned to Steve. "Sorry, he's bored I guess."

"It's fine. We've been talking for almost two hours, he was bound to get bored." Steve said. "You didn't get bored, did you?"

"No, no. Not at all. You 're an interesting person." You said.

"Thanks." Steve said and paid for the coffee. Both of walked out of the cafe, but stopped outside.

"I really had a great time, Steve." You said.

"Me too, Y/N." He said. Both of stared at each other before Steve leaned down and kissed your cheek. "Can I get your number?" Steve asked.

"Sure." You said and Steve handed you his phone.

"I'm still not used to the technology so..." He said nervously.

"It's no problem, Steve." You said and added your number in his contact list. "Here." You handed him his phone. "Maybe I can help you a bit?"

"Sure. Thanks." Steve said. "Can I call you later tonight? Around 10?"

"Yeah." You said. "I should get going."

"Yeah. I'll call you later." Steve said. "Bye. Y/N."

"Bye, Steve."