Chapter 4

Three months later.....

You rolled over in bed, expecting to find Steve lying next to you, but you were met with a cold blanket. Steve had stayed the night with you. But you didn't do anything, just watched a movie and enjoyed each other's company and fell asleep.

You got up and fixed your t- shirt. You went in the living room and found Steve staring at the open laptop screen. Cooper sitting at his feet, chewing his toy. "Steve. What are you doing?"

"Hey, sweetheart. Did I wake you up?" Steve asked.

"No, you didn't." You said as you sat down next to him. You saw that the laptop was turned on but Steve was doing nothing but staring at it. "You going to anything on it other than staring?"

"I would if I knew how to." Steve said and looked at me. "Can you help me with it?"

"Sure. What help do you want?"

"Basically everything." Steve answered.

You chuckled a little, "Okay. Give it to me." You said and Steve handed you the laptop. "Okay. First I will tell you how to use Google. You know about the internet right?"

"Yeah. I heard about it." Steve said. "What is it used for?"

"Well, you use internet to do things online. Such as using Google and other websites on it." You said. "I'll show you." You explained him how to use google and how to open it.

"So, we can search anything on it?" Steve asked. He was still confused.

"Yes, Steve. It's a search engine." You said.

"Okay. Can I try once?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Here." You said and handed him the laptop. "Want some coffee?"

"I already made it. I was waiting for you." Steve said and gave you a smile.

"Aww. That's sweet of you Steve." You leaned over and gave him a kiss. "I love you so much." You said but stopped when you realized what you said. "I-I..."

"I love you too, Y/N." Steve said and gave you a small smile.

"You do?" You asked.

"Yes, sweetheart. I was just afraid to say it. I thought it was too early." Steve said.

"It's never to late or early to fall in love Steve. It's fine." You said. "I love you." You said again and kissed him. You gasped in the kiss as Steve pulled you on his lap. He slipped his tongue in your mouth and caressed yours.

Steve moaned and pulled away, "I love you too, sweetheart." He said, resting his forehead against yours.

"Thank you. I was scared you didn't feel the same." You said.

"I loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you." Steve said. You looked away from Steve to hide your blush but Steve took your chin in between his finger and made you look at him. "It's true, love."

"Me too. Steve." You said and pecked his lips. "Coffee?"

"Yes, please." Steve said and chuckled.

"How long have you been awake?" You asked getting off of his lap. His hands supporting you and lingering on your waist for a moment.

"Got up at 5. Went for a run and came back." Steve said.

"Steve." You sighed. "You should've slept. We were up pretty late last night."

"I know. I'm just used to getting up at 5." Steve shrugged.

"Have you eaten anything?" You asked. He stayed quiet and shook his head. "Okay. I'll make you breakfast."

"You don't have to, sweetheart." Steve said.

"Yes. You are not taking care of yourself, Steve. Sit here and I'll make breakfast."

"You need help?" Steve asked as he saw you walking into the kitchen.

"No." You said.

Steve sighed, "Okay." He said. Steve took the laptop once again and opened google just like you told him. He typed his name and the search came within the second. He was surprised at the amount of information they had on him. He clicked on wikipedia and read it. Everything was there from his enrollment, to the plane crash. The info about him being found was there along with photos.

Steve came out and searched S.H.I.E.L.D. But there wasn't much information. Of course it was all secret. "What are you reading?" You asked as you came out with two cups of coffee.

"Nothing. Just doing a little research." Steve said and closed the laptop as you handed him his cup and plate of pancakes. "What should we do today? You're free right?"

"Yeah. I was thinkinh maybe take Cooper for a w-a-l-k." You spelled the words knowing he'd go crazy.

"No problem." Steve said. "How about we go on a date today?"

"Sure. I'd love to." You said and smiled at him. "We can go to the p-a-r-k after the coffee?"

Steve chuckled at you spelling the words. "Why do you spell the words?"

"He gets crazy. He won't wait for you to even get dressed if he hears them." You said. Thank God he was busy chewing his toy.

"Oh. I didn't know." Steve said. "I kinda wanna see what he does." Steve teased.

"Steve, don't." You chuckled. "Just finish your coffee and breakfast and get fresh and then we will go."

"Yeah, fine." Steve said.

"Why didn't you bring Mazie?" You asked.

"Oh, she had a fever. I took her to the doctor and she said she needs rest so I kept her home with enough food and water." Steve said. "I'll go check on her before our date, so I can get ready."

"Sure." You said. "She's okay right?"

"Yes, nothing to worry about, love." Steve said and put an arm around your shoulder. "Can I take a shower?"

"Yes, Steve." You said. "I need time to eat these." You gestured to your pancakes.

"Okay. I'll go and take a shower."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the date, Steve took you to his apartment on his bike. He insisted that you come with him as he had something for you. But first you went to your house and made sure Cooper and Cece had enough to drink and eat till you came back home. "What is it, Steve? You're making me nervous." You said as he opened his door and you both walked in.

Steve stayed quiet as he removed his coat and helped you with yours, hanging them on the rack. "It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, sweetheart."

"What, Steve?" You asked as you wrapped your arms around his midsection.

"I'm ready, Y/N." Steve said and looked in your eyes. You knew what he meant. Steve had shared with you before that he was a virgin. You didn't have a problem with it. You said you'd wait until he was ready.

"Are you sure, Steve?" You asked as you cupped his face in your hands.

"Yes, love. I am." Steve said and kissed you hard.

You pulled away after a minute for air. You leaned closer and whispered in his ear, "Take me to bed, Captain."