Mr. Anderson (Chapter One)

"The answer is out there, Neo. It's looking for you and it will find you if you want it to. "

Those words from last night going out with them "following" the white rabbit had caused Neo "Thomas Anderson" to be late to work and now he was standing in front of his boss no doubt about to be chewed out he wishes he didn't have to work this job there was so much more he wanted to do his life his other life was so much more appealing to him he loved it he was good at it.

"You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson. You believe that you are special, that somehow the rules do not apply to you. Obviously, you are mistaken." His boss said and Neo just stood there was he about to get fired why even invite him into his office if he's just gonna fire him this wasn't the first time he's been considerably late and it wouldn't be the last either the only way it would be is if Mr. Rhineheart fired him here and now he could do it he'd done it to so many others without a second thought everyone was easily replaceable.

"This company is one of the top software companies in the world because every single employee understands that they are a part of a whole. Thus, if an employee has a problem, the company has a problem." Rhinehart said and Neo didn't care who gave a shit how what this compony any different from the others just as greedy just as unreasonable treating employees like slave no personal days it was servitude he didn't like not being able to do what he wanted.

"The time has come to make a choice, Mr. Anderson. Either you choose to be at your desk on time from this day forth, or you choose.to find yourself another job. Do I make myself clear?" Rhineheart finished and Neo nodded

"Yes, Mr. Rhineheart. Perfectly clear." He said and Rhineheart dismissed him to go back to work and out of his sight.

He felt claustrophobic inside the small cubicle this was the traditional standard idea of a dead-in job surrounded by hundreds of others each with their own cubicle he hated it. He hadn't managed to start on his work before a Fed Ex guy approached him

He signed for the package and opened it up a cell phone? It rang and he flipped it open putting it to his ear.

"Hello?" Neo asked looking around at the other cubicles was this a mistake why would he get a phone.

"Hello, Neo. Do you know who this is?" A male voice on the other line said it couldn't be could it he met Trinity after all she must've already? Was it really him.

"Morpheus..." He was hesitant its all he could muster at the moment.

"I've been looking for you, Neo. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately, we have run out of time. They're coming for you,Neo. And I'm not sure what they're going to do." Morpheus said on the other end Neo felt panic rush through his body all at once who was coming what did they want

"Who's coming for me?" Neo tried to be quiet

"Stand up and see for yourself," Morpheus answered and Neo started to stand up.

"Do it slowly. The elevator." Morpheus explained and Neo peeked his head over the cubicle he sees a group of cops accompanied by men in suits who could they be FBI? Shit.

They turned and Neo ducked back into the safety of his small space.

"What the hell do they want with me?!" Neo said anxiously.

"I'm not sure, but if you don't want to find out, you better get out of there. " Morpheus answered and Neo had the exact same thought but how surely the exits were surrounded.

"How?!" He replied frustrated.

"I can guide you out, but you have to do exactly what I say," Morpheus answered.