I Know Kung Fu (Chapter Four)

Neo and Morpheus were standing in a very sparse Japanese-style dojo. "This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules. Rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken. Understand?" Morpheus asked and Neo thought just get to it already. Neo nods as Morpheus assumes a fighting stance.

"Then hit me, if you can," Morpheus ordered what a cocky bastard Neo thought he was way overconfident he wanted to knock him off his high horse. Neo wanted to beat him wanting to get several good licks in this man was so selfish he wanted to get back at him. Neo assumes a similar stance, cautiously circling until he gives a short cry and launches a furious attack. It is like a Jackie Chan movie at high speed, fists and feet striking from every angle as Neo presses his attack, but each and every blow is blocked by effortless speed. While their minds battle in the programmed reality, the two bodies appear quite serene, suspended in the drive chairs. 

Tank monitors their Life Systems, noticing that Neo is wildly and chaotically lit up as opposed to the slow and steady rhythm of Morpheus. Neo was attacking out of anger but Morpheus couldn't perhaps to Morpheus he seemed like an insecure kid compared to him he couldn't let it be known how he really felt and that he planned to go back to The Matrix and to stay there or his deal with the man. Neo's face is knotted, teeth clenched, as he hurls himself at Morpheus.

"Good. Adaptation. Improvisation. But your weakness isn't your technique" Morpheus informed me now he's calling him weak. Morpheus attacks him and it is like nothing we have seen. His feet and fists are everywhere, taking Neo apart. For every blow Neo blocks, five more hit their marks until --Neo falls. Even if Neo couldn't beat him he would have his revenge he would hand Morpheus over to that man with a smile on that face all of them if he had to. Panting, on his hands and knees, blood spits from his mouth, speckling the white floor of the dojo. 

"How did I beat you?" Morpheus asked and Neo needed and out "You -- You're too fast." Neo exclaimed. "Do you think my being faster, stronger has anything to do with my muscles in this place?" Morpheus asked Neo is frustrated, still unable to catch his breath. " Do you believe that's the air you are breathing now?" Morpheus asked.  What else could it be? Neo stands, nodding slowly. "Again." Morpheus orders. Their fists fly with pneumatic speed. Morpheus begins to press Neo, countering blows while slipping in several stinging slaps.

"Come on, Neo. What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are. Know you are." Morpheus said and Neo knew he had to win. Whack, Morpheus cracks Neo again. Neo's face twists with rage as the speed of the blows rises like a drum solo.  "Come on! Stop trying to hit me and just hit me." Morpheus yelled.  Wham. A single blow catches Morpheus on the side of the head, knocking off his glasses.  Morpheus rubs his face, then smiles.

"I know what you're trying to do -" Neo started to say. "I'm trying to free your mind, Neo, but all I can do is show you the door. You're the one that has to step through. Tank, load the jump program." Morpheus said and then it changed and Morpheus and Neo are again in the white space of the construct. Beneath their feet.  until they are standing on a rooftop in a city skyline. "Let it all go, Neo. Fear. Doubt.Disbelief. Free your mind." Morpheus said and Neo thought easy for you to say. Morpheus spins, running hard at the edge of the rooftop. And jumps. He sails through the air, his coat billowing out behind him like a cape as he lands on the roof across the street.

"Morpheus spins, running hard at the edge of the rooftop. And jumps. He sails through the air, his coat billowing out behind him like a cape as he lands on the rooftop across the street.