❄️ 6 ❄️

It was Saturday morning. Yoongi and Dahyun were sitting in the café. It was their routine. Every Saturday, both of them have their breakfast together.

They would bring their notes and stationary as well. They would do their homework and casually talk about random stuff.

They could do it back in Yoongi's dorm but the dude next door was so noisy. He would play heavy metal music early in the morning. Yoongi had complained to the school about him multiple times but the guy never stopped.

They could've gone to Dahyun's house but she lives a little far from the school. And Yoongi is too lazy to walk this early in the morning.

So, they decided to choose the cafe since both of them can make it here easily. This is their special spot. This cafe has so many memories of them, that both him and Dahyun cherished. Right now, they were having waffles and doing maths homework.

"Gosh! I really hate the person who decided to create maths. Only if they were alive, I would've..." Yoongi trailed off. Scrunching his face, he motioned his hand in a stabbing manner.

Dahyun snorted and took a sip from her orange juice. "Come on, Yoongi. You always say that. You're so smart but you still hate math."

"Oh please! Being smart doesn't mean that you have to master math as well. Math is the worst subject to exist. Who heck decided to put math into medical science?" He whined.

"Logically, math is a part of science. Duh."

"That's equally stupid. Bruh- I can't with Physics either. Just looking at these textbooks makes me want to puke." He made fake gagging sounds.

Dahyun laughed and Yoongi shook his head with a grin. He finished his iced americano and copied another equation on his binder before solving it.

They sat there for a while. Chatting and laughing while doing their homework. As their chat died, Dahyun cleared her throat. "Yoongi." She called.

"Mhm?" He looked up from his notebook and raised his brows.

She sucked in a breath. "I asked you something yesterday. Remember?"

Yoongi's mouth hung open. He dropped his pencil as he straightened up. "I..." He stammered. "I do remember." He nodded.

"So..." She leaned forward and rested her chin on her hand. "What did you think?" She asked calmly.

Yoongi took a deep breath before he started. "Dubu. I'll be honest with you, okay. I know you won't be mad at me for my decision."

"Never, Yoongs." She assured.

"So, uh, the thing is that, Dubu." He inhaled sharply. "You know that I like you. Right? I like this. This bond that we have. You're one of the most important people in my life whom I don't want to lose. You're my bestest best friend. But, I don't like you in that way."

He stopped to see her reaction. Her smile faded but she didn't look mad. He took the key and continued.

"We are best friends, Dubu. We've always been. And I might've even developed a crush on you over time. But, I think I still like Taehyung a bit more." He sighed and hung his head low, playing with his fingers nervously. "So, I'm sorry, Dubu. We can't date. I'm really sorry."

"Don't be." She replied.

He looked up. His eyes meeting her. There was a soft smile plastered on her face but a hint of sadness was in her eyes. "You're...not sad?" He asked.

"I am. But, it's okay. I'll be fine. Don't worry." She shrugged. "Thank you for being honest with me. It's totally okay if you don't feel the same way for me. Don't feel bad about it."