Chapter 3: Vinnies Story

3 person pov: Seattle Washington
Vinnie age 9 is playing downstairs with his mom.
His dad comes in tired from work and sets down his briefcase.
He let out a sigh.
"Tough day?" Asked his mom.
"Yeah." He plainly said.
He took off his tie and sat down in the living room.
"Hey bud." He said to vinnie while messing up his hair.
"Dad I just got a haircut come on." Said vinnie
"Alright alright I'll leave ya alone."
"You'll miss those nudges one day." He said
He looked at his mom, and you could see the concern in his eyes.
"Hon can i talk to you in the kitchen."
His mom nodded and they both went to the kitchen.
Vinnie ignored it and continued to play with his toy cars.
"I'm in trouble." He said.
His mom crossed her arms.
"With what?"
"Their mad, really mad Maria. I messed up big time I tell ya."
"Nate what did you do."
"I went out gabbling last week and I lost some money. That money belonged to the big guys upstairs the ones who run the company and now I have to pay them back or they'll."
He paused
"They'll what Nate." Said Maria
"Kill us."
Maria stood there in shock. She couldn't move, she couldn't speak.
"How much.." she asked
He stood there quiet.
"How much!" She yelled
"3 million."
She put her hands on her head and she started to pace around the kitchen.
"Jesus Nate! Fuck! What is wrong with you!"
"It's okay I'll make some kinda deal with them. I have it under control."
"Do you Nate? Cause it doesn't fucking look like it!" Yelled Maria.
"Maria don't worry. I promise nothings going to happen."
There was a hard knock at the door. Maria jumped. She looked at Nate terrified. 
"Vinnie go to the closet now! And don't come out." Pleaded Maria. Nate looked at Maria and He walked towards the door and opened it.
He was pushed to the ground and 3 men with guns came into the house. They kicked Nate and yelled
"Living room now! Start walking!"
They pointed the gun to the back of his head and one of the other men grabbed Maria and threw her on the couch.
"Where's the money!"
Nate threw his hands up and said
"I don't have it please spare my wife please!" He begged
"Please do..." the man cut off Maria by hitting her on the head with the gun.
"You know what happens now. No money no life."
"Please I'll get you the money I promise!" Begged Nate on his knees.
"I just need more time."
"Too late."
Vinnie was hiding in the storage closet watching through the crack of the door.
BOOM BOOM BOOM
His dad fell face down onto the carpet. Maria looked straight at the closet door and mouthed
"I love you."
Boom boom
She slumped down on the couch and vinnie just sat there crying. He watched the men leave and he just sat there. He had just witnessed his parents get murdered.
Hours went by before police showed up.
When they did one of the officers found vinnie in the closet and took him down to the station for questioning.
As the cop car pulled off he saw them bring out his parents bodies.
Down at the station they got a detective who worked with and questioned kids.
"Did you see who did this to your parents?" She asked
Vinnie shook his head.
"Did you see anyone? Did you recognize anyone?"
He shook his head again.
"Do you know anyone who might have wanted to hurt your parents?"
Again he shook his head.
After a while the women gave up. She realized he was too traumatized to even speak about the situation.
Before the women left the room vinnie asked
"What's going to happen to me now."
"I don't know sweetie, but whatever happens just know it's going to be a long and painful journey."
Vinnie spent 10 hours at the station before a social worker came to pick him up.
He spent 5 years in an all boys group home. There he learned some bad habits. He lost hope in people and the system. No one wanted to adopt a grown child and he knew that. Vinnie would get into fights at the group home on a daily basis. They grew tired of him and his actions and they sent him off to another group home at age 14, but he lasted only one week there. During that week vinnie was already dealing with depression from years back, one day he just snapped and decided to overdose on sleeping pills.
He was taken to the hospital, they pumped his stomach and sent him to the rehab center in Rhode Island, where he currently is now. He's been there for 5 years..
No group home wanted him, no person wanted him, he was all alone.
Being alone could turn a person cold, and dark which was exactly what he became..