Chapter 4: Harpers story

Austin Texas 3 person pov
Harper; age 10 is sleeping in her bedroom upstairs.
Her mom comes into the room to give her goodnight kiss. Little did she know it would be her last one.
Harmony; harpers sister age 15 is in the room across the hall from her listening to her MP3 player.
Her mom finishes up her nightly routine and lays down next to her husband John.
"Did you lock the doors?" He asked
She nodded.
"Yes John I did, don't worry we're safe."
John set his evening paper on the nightstand and he laid down. They soon after fell asleep.
5:30 am
A man breaks the window from the kitchen and makes his way upstairs. He is armed with a hunting knife.
He makes his way into the parents bedroom first.
Harpers mom was awoken by the noise and when she opened her eyes the man stabbed her. The autopsy showed she was stabbed about 59 times.
John immediately woke up to the blood curdling screams of his wife. He looked over and she was covered in blood faced down.
John looked the killer in his eyes and he pleaded for his life.
"Please I'll give you anything please." The killer smiled and stabbed him. John suffered from 103 stab wounds.. overkill
He made his way into harmony's room and he stabbed her 20 times. She tried to fight back but the man was too strong.
It was determined later that she was alive for about 10 more minutes before she finally died from blood loss.
The man then slowly walked into harpers room. He sat down on her bed and he just looked at her. He smiled at her and then covered her with her blanket.
He left through the front door and he was never seen again.
No one knows why he left Harper alive. Maybe she reminded him of his own daughter. It was later discovered that the man had a young daughter, she was 9 years old at the time.
Harper never knew the man's motive for the killings but soon after Harper arrived at the rehab center the girl contacted her and told her dad had confessed in his suicide letter that he just wanted to feel something again. Which was a horrible way to feel alive, or get a thrill. He still then never revealed why he left her alive.
Harper woke up to the loud noise of sirens. She walked to her parents bedroom and saw them faced down in their own blood. She walked across the hall and saw her sister on the floor in a pool of blood. She walked downstairs and the front door was wide open. The sirens got louder and soon after police men came in and ran all over the house. They went upstairs and discovered the bodies.
The police officers carried Harper to the car and took her away.
Harper spent her time in foster care. She would get adopted and returned simply because she would be too much for parents to handle. She was a troubled child, she wasn't a good listener and she hated new people. Who could blame her? She was traumatized at a young age.
When she reached the age of 16 she went off to a group home. There she tried to find answers on why her family was killed. She eventually found the man but he took the easy way out and committed suicide by a gunshot wound to the temple. She soon fell into a deep depression where she tried to commit suicide by overdosing.
She was gone for about 2 minutes before doctors could revive her.
Soon after she went to Rhode Island to check into the hospital.
Harper just wanted happiness, she wanted peace, she suffered from survivors guilt and at times she would blame herself for what happened.
As long as she carried that with her, she would never have peace.

Psycho: Vinnie Hacker On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara