Chapter 15: Chase's story

Stockton California: 3 person pov| day of breakup.

Chase was downstairs in his parents living room playing Fortnite when he got a text from his girlfriend. He paused the game and the message read.
"Hey Im coming over in 10 we need to talk."
Chase turned off the game and waited for Emma in the living room.
After a few minutes the doorbell rang.
Chase opened the door and there she was. She had a serious look on her face. Chase knew this was bad.
"Come on we can go talk in my room." He said
They went upstairs and chase shut the door behind them.
"So what's up?" He asked as he sat down on the bed.
She let out a sigh.
"This isn't working anymore."
Chase was confused.
"What's not working?"
"This!" She yelled.
"I'm miserable with you! You have no future no money no anything! You're a worthless bum! I can't stand being with you anymore chase!"
Chase sat there in shock. His body language said it all. He was uncomfortable and hurt by those words.
"So what It's over just like that?"
She nodded.
"I found someone with more money and goals, at least they can take care of me."
"But..." he paused
"I love you."
"Yeah well that's tough. I've moved on."
"See you around Chase." She slammed the bedroom door and walked out.
Just like that, years of love and pain went down the drain.
Chase sat there filled with all sorts of emotions.
Anger, confusion, and all those in between.
He wiped his tears off with his shirt and he just acted like nothing happened, but deep down he was devastated.
A month later
Chase fell into a deep depression after the break up. He wouldn't eat for days, he would stay in his room all day, and he even started to self harm to relieve some of his pain he felt on the inside. The burning and cutting filled a hole that other things couldn't fill anymore. His parents noticed his behavior but they didn't think much of it. They just thought it was normal teenage problems.
Chase went downstairs to the kitchen one night and he forgot he didn't have a long sleeve shirt on. As he grabbed his snack from the pantry his mom grabbed his arm and stopped him.
"Chase What is this?" She asked referring to the cuts and burns on his skin.
Chase stayed quiet.
His mom and dad demanded him to pack his things. After he finished they drove to a local mental health hospital. There he stayed for 2 weeks before getting discharged.
After he left he pretended to be happy around family and friends. He had lied to get out of the hospital, he just wanted to be home.
Chases parents bought the whole act, they thought their son was back to normal. Little did they know that was far from the reality of things.
2 months after discharge.
Chase's parents and siblings were out of town in Mexico for vacation, and chase stayed behind.
He was all alone, just him and his thoughts.
He couldn't take the pain anymore. So many tears, and so many years of pain was just too much for him now. Chase went to the bathroom and ransacked the whole medication cabinet. He got a hold of sleeping pills and headache pills.
He went to his room and he opened the bottle of pills. As he sat on his bed the last thought he had was "I'll finally be at peace."
He swallowed over 100 pills that night...
A few hours later
Chase woke up in a cold sweat. He had empty pill bottles next to him and he had no idea what was happening. He soon realized his plan hadn't worked. He was supposed to die that night. 100 pills are supposed to Kill you right?
Chase knew right then and there he needed help.
He believed there was a reason he was kept alive.
He packed his bags and left a note for his family.
It read:
Mom and dad im safe, I just wanted you guys to know you did everything right, you did the best you could, but unfortunately I need more help then what you guys can provide. I'm checking myself into a hospital down in Rhode Island I heard they have a great mental health program. I love you guys and I'll talk to you soon. I'm sorry for all the pain I have ever caused you guys. - Chase
Chase took the first flight to Rhode Island and hoped for the best.