Chapter 26

(Anna)

I furiously wiped away at the tears as my brain was beginning to work again.  Standing up quickly I looked over to the couch where Lauren and Emma were sitting, blankly staring at the clock on the mantle. I walked to my room and changed clothes, faintly laughing at the ninja costume I picked out. Opening my window, I peeked out and gulped at the drop. I took a deep breath before I lowered myself as far as I could go, and dropped down. Smiling at how soundless it was and wincing at the sting in my leg I set off for my destination.

Chris’s house.

It took me a little while but finally I came upon the old-styled home. I noticed how ironic it was, it was the perfect place for a vampire to live. It had that creepy, almost dead look to it. Perfect, I realized, for Chris. Because today, it ends, it has too. I can’t keep doing this forever. He has to be stopped somehow.

Going around back I slipped under the trees lining the property and found the back door to the basement, which was always unlocked. I guess when you’re a vampire prince with a badass power you don’t really need flimsy locks. I heard the fight going on upstairs and held my breath as vicious growls were met with a snake-like hissing noise. Letting my eyes adjust to the low-lit basement. I followed the whimper sounds, and came up short. There, in the corner of the room was Hannah curled up into a little ball, cowering away from a figure who was shaking with laughter. With no conscious thought I flung myself at the figure and strangled him from behind. He reached behind him to try and shake me but I held on tight, fueled by what he had just done.

Suddenly I was knocked into a wall, which made me see stars. I loosed my hold on him a bit, which was all he needed. He flipped me over him and I hit the ground, hard. I was trying to catch my breath when I received a kick to my ribs. I let out a scream.

(Luke)

Shifting into a wolf, I also shifted into Alpha mode. Hunter and Cole followed my lead as we busted into the leech’s house. We were met with an ugly sight, nine vampires including Chris awaiting our arrival. He sneered at the sight of Hunter.

“Come to kill your own master? I gave you food, clothes, everything and you turn on me?” Hunter growled softly, and I could hear the answer in his mind.

Hell yeah I turned on you.

Chris shifted his eyes to Cole, then back to mine.

“Seems I need to nip this puppy disease in the bud. What will it take for you mutts to realize that vampires are more powerful then you? I’m not the only vampire who thinks this. We think the best way to weakening your kind is to take this ridiculous soul mate concept away. Let me see if I got this straight. Cole to break you in, I’m going to have to kill- Emma, is it? And you slave thing you ‘soulmate’ is a rouge vampire? Pity we were really hoping to recruit her. Lastly you, the real problem here. You stole my Anna; she was going to be my queen. But now I see her mind has been poisoned by you, so I might just kill you instead and take her for myself.” That’s enough talk, we all agreed, so we lunged.

We took them by surprise; they were expecting Chris to talk a bit longer, I guess. I killed two of them in a second before turning my eyes to Chris.

This ends now. He will no longer hurt my mate, from here on out.

I let out a vicious snarl, showing my razor sharp teeth to him as a promise. He hissed at me, trying to intimidate me, but it only made me want to laugh.

He charged me, but I knocked him off his feet and flipped around snapping at his feet. I grabbed a hold of his left foot and tugged, hating the dead taste. It didn’t take much to pull the leg off, just a twist and a pull. He clawed at me and I could feel my back open at his nails and blood start to pool. I narrowed my eyes and locked them on the marble smooth neck. He leaned down to bite me, so I ducked under his chin and darted for his neck.

I came off cleanly in one snap.

I shifted back; disgusted that he didn’t put up much of a fight. Turning back to Hunter and Cole I took in limbs of nine different vampires.

“Burn the pieces, then go back to your mates. I’ll get Hannah.” They nodded in appreciation before taking off. I sniffed a bit and through the burning flesh I smelled a familiar scent. A scent that made me want to close my eyes and let it wash over me. Which ment Anna was here.

That’s when I heard her scream.

***