Chapter 6

(Luke)

As I walked (more like ran) into the cafeteria to kill the person who thought they could mess with my Anna.

Boy, were they in for a very painful surprise.

What I didn't expect was Sasha standing over MY Anna. That brought my mind spinning. Wasn't Sasha just in my class? There was no way that she could have passed me without my noticing.

Of course there was always her gift, but last time I heard she couldn't hold her duplicate for over 10 minutes. Looks like Sasha has been practicing her moon-given talent.

You see Sasha was born on the third night of a blue moon (A/N In my story blue moons are 3 full moons that happen every 20 years). Whenever there is a blue moon, there seems to be extra magic that happens to flow into babies, because they're more open to it in their bodies.

Sasha's power:

She can duplicate herself

Apparently she had gotten better at it, last time she tried to hold 2 forms she ended up tossing her cookies (A/N that means throwing up if you didn't know) for weeks.

That's how she knew everyone's dirty little secrets in half the time, how she was able to date multiple guys. It's amazing she never gets caught.

Then again she had always been a self-centered sneaky little b*** (A/N me again ☺ anyways I don't cuss a lot so you will have to use your imagination : P), no pun intended.

When Sasha looked at me, that snapped me out of my daze. I let her feel my fury through my eye, because I didn't want to scare my presious angel

"Release her" I said quietly knowing only Sasha could hear me perfectly well. All the while looking at Anna, who hesitantly looked up at me. I saw her face sadden after looking in my eyes.

That made both sides of me want to hold her and ask how I could make her smile again. All I wanted, no needed was her happy, safe, and content in my arms.

"Lukey, sweetie I was just helping Anna up." She said shifting her position slightly to try to fool me.

I saw anger flash in Anna's eyes and I mentally laughed.

She was so cute when she was mad.

That brought attention to the situation we were in.

Seeing as I was alpha-to-be, and not the all-commanding alpha I couldn't directly tell her an order. I would have to open up mind-speak up with her so my wolf could tell her to back off.

It was weird, but the only control over Sasha I had.

I went to her; my human side knew if I approached in a friendlier manner she would be more willing to make contact. It didn't help that my stronger, wolf side wanted to pick her up and through her across the room and make sure she never touched what was his ever again.

But Sasha realizing what I was about to do, carefully maneuvered away and retreated to the doors and one last gaze for each of us

A flirtatious wink for me

And a menacing glare for Anna that my wolf wanted to shield from her.

So I shifted my body slightly effectively blocking her from Anna's sight.

"are you all right?" I asked her urgently, wanting to make anything that hurt go away.  

"Yeah, I'm fine I just need to go to my class" She responded adverting her eyes, obviously hiding something.

I knew she didn't trust me enough to tell me what was wrong, and that made my wolf howl in anger.

I realized that I needed her trust, and basically I needed her.

And I would do anything to get her trust.

But I would go slowly, so as not to scare her my human side tried to convince my wolf. Then, when she's ready ill tell her about my secrets.

First I needed her so I satisfied myself by looking in her eyes. I didn't know that looking into her eyes would make me lose control and let my wolf come out a little.

"Do you want to come to a little get together with me and my friends this Saturday?" I asked, suddenly scared of rejection. I've never felt that, not to sound cocky or anything but I always got the girls, so this was a new feeling for me.

And I didn't like it one bit.

I realized that I had been standing there staring at her waiting for her answer, this is'nt normal right? She's taking to long to think about it she's probably trying to come up with a nice way to let you down

That thought nearly crushed me.

"Um sure, can I bring some friends though?" that made my wolf mad, he wanted her all to himself and not split her attention with anyone else.

"Yeah, so long as no guys. I don't share well" There I thought, giving her some of the truth about me.

She laughed at this, clearly amused about something.

"What about Josh? He's my best guy friend ever" She said her eyes wide like she was thinking of an inside joke.

NO! my wolf roared, especially not a best friend who could replace me!

Anna must have seen the look of pure terror and anger on my face as she burst out laughing.

"Yeah, glad to see you like me suffering" I said not really mad anymore. I even smiled a little.

She was SMILEING!! And it was for ME!

"Well he is gay so he doesn't really count for boyfriend material, at least not for me." She said still giggling.

I never even saw coming what I said next

"What about me? Am I boyfriend material for you?" I asked all signs of teasing gone.

Her smile disappeared instantly and I could see old hurt in her eyes. Instantly I wanted to hold her and assure no pain would come to her.

Ugh leave it to me to ruin a perfect moment for my mate and me.

"well see Saturday" she said, her voice guarded. Almost as if she were afraid of getting hurt.

Cant she see how helplessly in love I am with her? And I would never intentionally hurt her?

"so you're coming?" I asked desperate to see her smile again. What can I say? I'm in love with an angel.

"Yes, ill bring Emma and Josh to so be prepared" she said smiling slightly.

"okay then" I said desperate to stretch out the time I had with her.

"I have to go." Was all she said before she left. If I wasn't mistaken I saw a look on her face that said she was just as sad to go as I was.

That pleased me more then I ever thought possible.

I cant wait till Saturday to introduce her to my soon-to-be-pack.