Chapter 18

comment~fan~vote

****  

(Anna)

I glanced over to Emma ,who was across from Cole, and she at me. When she caught my eye she winked and mouthed, Follow my Lead. The other girls caught on to what she was saying and smirked, all of us knowing how this play would turn out. The ball was snapped to our quarterback- Jas- and Emma rushed forward only to collide with Cole and with a sickening thud I heard her cry out, in pain no doubt, and Cole stopped dead in his tracks and bent down to examine Emma.  

I, however, took off running to the end zone, with Luke hot on my trail. I looked over my shoulder and saw Luke gaining on me, smiling as the ball came whosing towards me. I jumped up to catch it and when I had secured it in my arms I felt a huge force collide in my side and I had one thought: Luke. He didn't hit me with his full force, but enough to knock the breath out of me and get me to hit the ground hard. I closed my eyes and avaluated myself, nothing hurt but Luke didn't know that, also I realized that I still had the ball in my hand and that the girl team was going wild.  

" Anna? Anna!! Open your eyes please!! Oh no I knew this was a bad idea! oh God!" Laughing on the inside, because I knew he would go 'easy' on me now thinking that I was incapable of playing beside him, I opened my eyes with exaggerated slowness and toke in his distressed face.  

"Anna? are you okay? no broken bones or anything?" I smiled a bit at him while standing up- with the ball still in my hand- and took in my surroundings.  

I was in the end zone, with the ball in my hand. Now I didn't know that much about football but I knew enough to know that the girls had just scored. Remembering the plan I started doing my victory dance that Emma had pounded into my brain. I felt like I was doing it wrong so I stopped and casually walked to Luke, who had his mouth open collecting flies. I went up to him and kissed his check, closing his mouth.  

" I'm fine, but I think you need to ask you team that question."Then I said something I never would've even think about saying, but it went along with what I was doing. So I put on an innocent questioning look and said "Why are the mate less guys staring at me like that?" That's what snapped Luke out of his trance as his face turned vicious and he growled at them, making their heads bow with- respect?

He pulled me into his arms and whispered into my ear, " Don't ever do that little dance again."- he stopped and turned thoughtful -"Unless you and I are alone, which we will be. Tonight." I swear I could hear the unbreakable promise, that almost sounded like a threat, that was given to me with that. Luke winked and grabbed my hand as we walked back to where we set up.  

I mentally laughed at the sight in front of me; Emma was playing the injury up lying on the ground propped up against Cole, at most she had a bruise, but I could tell the tears in her eyes weren't forced. I dropped to my knees beside her.  

"Em? What's wrong with her?" I asked Cole when Emma wouldn't responded to me, I was looking for any visible cuts or bruises on her arms.  

"I don't what I did, I've been asking since I heard her cry out." Cole's voice was heartbreakingly sad, and he started stroking Emma's hair. I watched as she closed her eyes and hummed her appreciation, Cole's face notably brightened, I guess from being able to make her happy after he slammed into her.