Prologue to the Stone Saga

💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎

It began the day that I realized I was dying.

But it also began long before that.

You see, I always felt the potential on that planet that we watch sometimes, sister. Specifically, I sensed it around that big city near the lake, Chicago.

I can recall the first time that I decided to investigate. I stretched through the cosmos, drawn towards Chicago, and saw that the potential surrounded two friends, young men named Nick and Mark.

It was so strong, I was almost blinded by it. Those two men were the source of it. What I had assumed was thousands of people with small amounts of potential was really just two men, with the most I had ever seen.

So I watched.

I watched as they grew older and went to college. I watched as they met two nice women.

—Yes, I know what a woman is, sister.—

Throughout it all, I hoped that they would grow some potential, Sally and Barbara. I thought it was inevitable. But they remained dark.

Regardless, Nick married Sally and Mark married Barbara. Lovely relationships. I could feel the connection between them. Not as strong as a bond between soulmates, but, on their planet, what they had was quite rare. A delicious concoction of fate.

The love was so strong it created two others. Mark's son was named Chris and and Nick's son was given the name Adam. Immediately, on the dates of their birth, I felt their potential too. It burned brightly, just as strong as their fathers. I could hardly believe it. Chicago was alight because of four men. I could see it across all time and space.

And then Barbara and Mark had a daughter, who they named Cloe. She was covered in shadow. She was devoid of potential. The four men were special and the women in their lives didn't touch the brightness.

I hadn't known what to make of that at first. Although, I guess, If I had thought about it a little more, the answer would've been obvious.

I definitely know now.

Chris and Adam grew into strapping, young men. The very images of their fathers at that age. They went to college and roomed together, just like their fathers. They met two young women, just like their fathers.

It was merely a passing interest of mine, however, watching the four men in Chicago. I was curious. I wanted to know where the potential would lead them. It wasn't until much later, much more recently, that I realized it would lead them here, to my planet, to my world.

They were fated to come from the moment of their births.

I have told you this many times, sister, but I don't think you quite understand the shock. When I felt the soul seep out of me for the first time, I cried out in anger. I remember that I scurried to the leak and tried to figure out what was happening, but all I was able to see was a figure of darkness.

The theft didn't stop. It wasn't a one-time event. It became faster and more frequent. I grew tired sooner. My powers dulled. I found myself adrift in my own cosmos, unsure of what I should do. All I saw was shadow. I could not stop it and I could not name it.

All I knew was that I needed to act, or it would be too late.

I think it was our Father that encouraged me to turn back to those four men in Chicago, as if telling me that they were the answer.

I had no choice. I knew that they would need to come to my domain. Father was telling me that they were fated to save me, that they were destined to heal me. At that time, I didn't quite know how, but I knew that they were going to have to come here.