55 - Adam (18+)

"Wait." Adam grabbed Landel by the shoulder and spun him around. "What did you just say?"

He smiled, showing Adam those perfect, white teeth. "We need to get changed in separate rooms."

"Why?"

"Cause that's how its done."

Adam nodded. "I get that. But why, though?"

Landel shrugged. "The multa isn't just a party, it's a ceremony. It's a sacred event that is blessed by the Goddess. The back-jewels and front-jewels cannot see each other until they have changed into their krelz and eeb. That's just how it is." He wrapped Adam up, resting his hands on Adam's lower back. "But we'll be spending the whole night together, right? So what's the harm of a few minutes apart."

It wasn't necessarily being apart from Landel that was weirding him out, it was trying on his eeb with Chris.

The thing was like... a strip of fabric. Landel had told him that it was a very stretchy piece of clothing and would definitely fit him, but Adam still wasn't sure. He had also told Adam that, once it was on, it would display the La'Torrie family crest, but all Adam could see was a wash of vivid, bright colours.

There was a knock on the door. Landel kissed Adam and then pulled away. He moved to the door and swung it open, revealing Vinton.

"I've been waiting for this night for weeks." Vinton walked into the room. "Finally, fucking finally, I get to see Chris in an eeb."

With that, Adam was ready to go. He didn't want to be around while Vinton talked about how sexy Chris was, because, even though he was getting used to seeing them together, that still made him feel weird.

"Alright, guys," Adam said, backing up towards the door. "I guess i'll see you on the other side."

Vinton and Landel turned to him. Vinton with a wide smile on his face and Landel with a subdued grin.

"Don't be long," Vinton said. "We're already late."

Landel waved as Adam closed the door.

In the firelight of the stone hallway, Adam lifted up the tiny piece of fabric up and stared at it.

Goddamn, it was tiny.

He slid over to the door that led to Chris and Vinton's room and knocked. When it opened, Chris let Adam inside and quickly shut the door behind the both of them.

"Can you believe this?" Chris said, holding up a similar piece of fabric. "How is this meant to fit?"

"Beats me, man. Landel said it was stretchy."

"So did Vinton, but how could anything be that stretchy. We're fully grown men."

Adam nodded. "You won't get any disagreements from me."

"And this whole changing separately thing..."

"Ridiculous," Adam said.

"Fucking ridiculous."

Adam put a hand on Chris's shoulder. "But it's their culture. I'm sure if they came to our world, they would think some of the things we do is fucking ridiculous."

Chris breathed out and put his hands on his hips. "Probably. But... man, I thought this was going to be a party with some weird outfits. I didn't know it was like... a thing." He emphasized the word with a widening of his eyes and a few hand waves.

Adam lifted up his eeb. "Let's just try to get these things on, eh? Then we can worry about the rest of it."

"This is a judgement free zone, yeah?"