Interlude

I felt the sudden connection like a pick of ice in my heart. I couldn't help but call the man who had made it to me.

I knew, I think, that it would be one of them. I had begun to lose sight of them in my weakness, in my growing desperation. But, once I had the man in front of me, I immediately knew him for Chris Dalton.

Naked and scared. The man looked around in a panic. It was only after a few moments that I finally realized what had happened and addressed him.

"Hello, Christopher."

He turned and spun, looking for me. But the voice would be coming from everywhere and nowhere. He was inside me in a way.

"Who's there?" he said, voice echoing through the pink mists of my cosmos.

"I believe they know me as a Goddess," I said. "Though, whether I adopt such a term myself, I do not know."

He turned around a little bit more, breath coming slower, his panic seeming to recede. "What is going on?"

"I could ask you that same question."

Chris seemed to settle on a position, and stared at it as though I was standing in front of him. I tried to accommodate my voice and make it seem like it was coming from there.

He gulped, running a hand through his hair. He seemed to notice he was naked and quickly covered himself with his hands, his face flushing red.

"You do not need to be embarrassed with me, Christopher. I have seen you naked hundreds of times."

He kept his hands where they were. "Where am I? How did I get here?" His eyes were still wide with panic, but the questions seemed more sensible.

"You are where you were. Your body is where it was. It is your soul that is here. The piece of you that now resides in your jewel," I said.

He was speechless.

"Are you comprehending me?"

"I... I don't know," Chris said, eyebrows lowered. "Why, then? Why am I here?"

"Ah," I said. "There is the interesting question." I decided that he had suffered long enough. I was the master of my own cosmos and, though the worries and strife of humans were foreign, I decided that our relationship would be more productive if I materialized something in front of him. So I swirled some of my soul and created a body. It only took a moment. Chris leapt back from where I appeared, shocked.

I covered him in soul too, wrapping him in a few weaves. He stood up, looked down at his covered body, and tried to compose himself. He cleared his throat and fixed his hair.

"You're the Goddess?" he said.

"It is what the people of this world tend to call me, yes." I lifted my hand, looking at it. I had made delicate fingers, the skin was pale with a hint of pink behind it. A wonderful job. Maybe I wasn't as weak as I thought.

"So... so you're the one that brought us here?" Chris said, his fear dropping, a more angry voice rising. "You took us from our homes, our families?"

"It wasn't me that decided what you would be. It was Fate. Fate and time. They are the ones you should blame, though I doubt you would have an easy time finding them."

"Why? Why would you bring us here?" Chris said, ignoring my answer.

"Because it is where Fate wanted you to end up."

"No. We were happy back home," Chris said.

I tried to smile, knowingly. "Based on the fact that you are here now, I think you have also found happiness here."

💎A Collision of Fates💎 (Straight to Gay) (MxM) (18+)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara