October 3rd, 2026

October 3rd, 2026

Well, just like a thought would happen I got my ass tore when I got home. Lucas and Kate took turns ripping my ass like a couple of parents whose kid ran away for a few days. Lucas just screamed at me that he thought I was dead somewhere and he would have waste his time to come look for me. Not the best way to tell someone you are worried about them, but for Lucas it was more than I expected.

Kate was different. She almost seemed like a disapproving mother, almost. But there was also something else. She seemed genuinely concerned about what happened to me. She never said it but I think she thought I decided to just end my life. I would have been lying if I said the thought never crossed my mind.

I was happy to see them both, but with Kate it was different. I didn't realize it while I was gone, but I missed her. which struck me as very, very weird.

Beyond that not much is going on. The season is changing. The trees are alight with all their flashy colors. I always loved this time of year. Soon the leaves would cover the grass in a thick layer. The air was also becoming much more crisp.

We already had a good supply of firewood but over the last few days Lucas and I had been gathering and splitting a bit more. It's a little weird to do this knowing that if we don't have enough we could freeze to death if things go bad. I guess this is how the frontiersmen felt way back when. At least we have the generators as backup.

Even though it seems a little bit morbid I thought about doing something for halloween. I mean why not? Lucas and I always loved halloween and it would be good to break up the monotony.

Thing is, I am not sure what to do. A party is out of the question because everyone is well, dead. I suppose I could just scare the shit out of them with Halloween pranks, but I might get my head blown off on the process. Maybe that could be considered a bonus.

I am sure I will think of something.

I am not too sure how many more of these I am going to do. It seems like I almost have to force myself to write these. Not only that there really isn't much to say. I mean seriously what else could I add. Everyone is dead, Lucas, Kate and I live in relative safety and comfort and we haven't seen another person that hasn't wanted to kill us for who knows how long.

It would seem we are starting to settle into our own little form of post apocalypse domestic bliss.

Sounds like he might be getting bored with life in general. Or maybe this kind of life is just too much for him. Thanks for reading! Please leave a vote and follow. There are only five chapters left!