October 15th, 2026

October 15th, 2026

So, now the question of doing something for Halloween is answered. We don't have time anymore. We have to take care of Kate, she's sick.

It's not Omega, I wish it were. That would give me some hope, even if it's just a litte, but this is far worse. At first she tried to lie about it, but that was stupid to say the least. There was no way to hide it.

Me and Lucas first noticed something was wrong a few days ago. At first both Lucas and I thought what we were seeing were just our imaginations. Then we were really stupid and tried to ignore it, but it was completely impossible. Kate was turning yellow, or jaundice if you want to know the medical term. It was also obvious that she was not feeling herself. In fact I thought she seemed a little run down for the last little bit.

When she was taking a nap I slipped into her room and watched her for a minute. Yeah, I know that sounds creepy, but to be honest just to see the peaceful look on her face as she slept brought back memories of Elena, both good and bad.

Lucas wanted me to be the one to ask her about what was going on. Of course Lucas and Kate were getting along better than they used to, but Kate and I were definitely closer. I hesitated before I woke her up. I couldn't help but smile when I saw half our dogs were squeezed in bed with her. There was hardly any room for Kate. I think they knew something was wrong, they had been spending more time around her. It's amazing how animals always seem to be able to pick up stuff like this. Funny thing was, it made me kind of jealous.

When I woke her up she looked right at me and smiled. I didn't even have to say a word, she knew exactly what I was going to ask. I pulled up a chair and just waited. For a while she petted on the dogs' heads. She had a far off look in her eyes. I imagine that was the same expression I had on my face after Elena died.

It took some time, but she was finally ready to talk. She had found a lump in her breast a long while back. Not long after we met her actually. She decided to keep it quiet and ignore it hoping it would be nothing, but it got larger and then other things started to happen, but she was able to hide it all. Then she started to run out of energy easily. Somehow she managed to even hide this as well. Then the yellow started, something she couldn't hide.

I remember thinking how the hell could Kate, a younger girl end up with cancer, but she did. Of course I knew it was possible, I am not a doctor, but I had been around the hospital enough to know it happens, and now it was happening to her.

Once she told me she started to talk about her family, she had never done that before. She even talked a little about her past, which she spoke of even less. She seemed eager to tell me anything she could. All I could do was sit there and listen, trying hard not to cry. I tried to become a functional mute.

Once she was done she looked out the window at the sunset. I held her hand, I think it was the first time. I only wanted to know one last thing from her: what could we do for her. I told her we would do anything for her and I meant that when I said it. We cannot save her, but we can damn sure well make what time she has left as good as possible.

Once I get done writing this I am going to plan a party. It will be a party of three humans and a bunch of crazy dogs. We won't care about defense, safety or any of that other bullshit. For one night we are gonna act like normal people. I think Kate is owed that much at least. It's weird the things that finally make us do something that can make us feel normal again.

And the hits keep coming. How long will he be able to roll with the punches until he cracks. I am starting to thing that this poor bastard is cursed or something. Thanks for reading. Please vote and follow. Only four more to go.