CHAPTER NINE|| AMARIS

Cassius has barely spoken to me since I killed Emily. Did he actually like her? Maybe I shouldn't have killed her like that.

I'm in my room strapping two guns and two knives to my thighs. Since we now have confirmation that Issac is working with the Russians, we plan to go have a little chat with him to talk about his favorite food and whatnot.

"Bug, hurry up!" Cassius yells from the other side of my door before barging in.

My eyes widen and I freeze. Is he finally talking to me again??

"Hey Cas." I say in a voice so low I'm not sure he heard me.

He furrows his eyebrows and looks like he's about to ask me what's wrong but instead he says "come on, we're going to be late" before he walks out and closes the door.

I sigh and finish strapping on my weapons before walking out of my room. Aiden comes up behind me, "hey princess, you okay?"

I shrug "I think Cas is mad at me for killing his girlfriend."

"Did he say that?" Aiden asks with a confused look on his face.

"Nope but something is definitely off with him." I say as we walk to the front door to join Milo and Cassius.

"Okay so Issac will be in his brothers building. It's heavily guarded and his office is on the thirtieth floor so you're wearing this." Milo says while handing me a parachute.

I groan "Seriously? This will weigh me down. And why am I the only one who needs to wear it?"

"Just put it on Amaris." Cassius says glaring at me.

"Okay I don't know what your problem is but fuck off." I say pushing past him and walking to the elevator. I don't know what he wants from me but Emily is already dead and I can't bring her back so he needs to get over it.

                                                 *****
It's exactly 11:55pm when we get to the back entrance of Issac's building. His security team changes out at 12pm so we'll hit them at shift change. We brought fifty of the new recruits as back up.

"Okay come on princess, put this on." Aiden says, coming up to me with the parachute.

I sigh accepting defeat. "Fineee" I say turning around so he can put it on me. "By the way, did you put the offer on the house?" I ask him.

Cassius scoffs "This isn't the time t-"

"Be quiet. I was talking to Aiden." I say glaring at him and he gives me a look that says if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under right next to Emily.

Aiden laughs "yes princess, I put an offer on the house."

We've never needed much protection before but when we kill Isaac, the Russian will come after us. We decided it's about time we get some safe houses as well as a mini HQ and my aunt agreed. She also suggested we hire security so we bought three safe houses and we've put down an offer on a mansion in bel air. Next week we'll be conducting interviews for the security team.

"Okay. Time to move. A team, we go in first and B team follows. Silencers only, we don't want them to know we're here until it too late." Aiden says to the new recruits.

Aiden and I are in charge of A team while Cassius and Milo are in charge of B team. We get ready to move but Cassius grabs my arm.

"Be careful." He says with worry on his face.

I give him a small smile "I will. Promise."

I get to Aiden's side and pull out my guns. Aiden steps in front of me to open the door and I hold up two fingers and point forward to signal the twenty-five recruits behind me. We trickle in quietly and come face to face with the men on the first level.