CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE|| AMARIS

"Safe word?" Xavier asks and I smile.

"I only need one for them," I say tipping my chin to my boys who are sitting in the bleachers next to the ring. "You fools could never make me beg for mercy."

"Well, in that case, let's get started."

There's a huge sparring ring at headquarters for anyone who wants to let off a little steam. Some people use it as a way to climb up the ranks. If you challenge someone and you win, your name goes up on the scoreboard. I, of course, hold the number one spot. The only way for it to be taken is if someone beats me in a fight. Cas, Aiden, and Milo hold the spots under me.

As I am the number one placeholder, I'm not surprised at the huge crowd that's here to watch. Xavier insisted that he goes last so I'll be fighting his friends first. There are sixteen of them including Xavier so I'm guessing his plan is to use his friend to tire me out. Smart.

"Hi. Big fan," my first opponent says, smiling. He's huge but he's adorable. He has the same complexion as Xavier and they have similar features. 

"Thanks," I say, smiling back. He throws a punch and he's so slow that I have time to look over and wink at Xavier. It'll be fun to psych him out before we even start. Xavier smiles and I turn back to my opponent, blocking his punch.

"You put a lot of strength into that but you're way too slow. Your size is a hindrance that way but you can use it to your advantage by capturing your opponent before hitting them. Once you trap them, the force from your hit will almost always guarantee your victory," I say, holding his fist in my palm. "Try again."

*****

The crowd is still chanting my name when my eleventh opponent gets in the ring. The boys are now standing directly beside the ring. They said they couldn't see from their seats but I think they just wanted to make sure I was drinking enough water. Exhibit A; Cassius is holding bottled water to my mouth while Milo wipes my forehead with a cloth and Aiden glares at my next opponent.

"How are you feeling?" Aiden asks, still eyeing the poor guys behind me.

"I'm fine. kind of bored."

"Well then maybe we should go home," Cassius says and I shake my head.

"No. All the weak ones are out of the way now. This guy is on our level. He'll be fun."

"Yeah, I sparred with him before. He's an ass and he's way too conceited. He's a tough son of a bitch but he's no match for you," Milo says, kissing me and my eyes widen in shock. He realizes that it's the first time we've kissed in front of our coworkers and looks around to find people looking at us. "Sorry, love."

I smile. "It's okay. I liked it. Besides, I'm not ashamed of you guys," I say, kissing him again. Then Cassius. Then Aiden. They all look at me shocked but I don't have time to talk. The break timer is up and it's time to fight.

I turn to my opponent who looks at me with a hint of disgust on his face. Odd. Is it because I just made out with three guys? it can't be. There's no way he thinks he has the right to judge me. "What's your problem?" I ask.

He scoffs. "Let's just get this over with."

"No problem," I say and run toward him. He's way bigger than I am and he's in a defensive position so I'm not dumb enough to attack from the front. He, apparently thinks I am. He smiles as if he knows this is an easy win but I twist around him and kick in the backs of his knees. He drops in front of me and I wrap my hand in his long hair, pulling his head back so he could look up at me. I smile and punch him in the neck. He coughs and I wrap my hands around his throat. Even on his knees, he's my height.