CHAPTER TWENTY|| MILO

"I don't trust him." Aiden says, playing with a switchblade.

"I believe him. I don't think he wants to hurt her. I do think he has a little crush on her but who wouldn't." I say, plopping down on the couch. Cassius scoffs and takes the joint from my fingers.

"She's being reckless. He's unpredictable." Cassius says, blowing smoke through his nose.

"Did his story check out?" I ask Aiden.

"Yeah. What he said about them taking him when he was a child is true. It looks like his father owed the boss some money. They tortured and killed his mother." Aiden says, keeping his eyes on his blade.

Cassius sighs "So they have something in common"

"Maybe we should te-"

"The boss says I'm in!" Sam says, cutting me off and walking over by Aiden to sit in the single sofa that's next to him. Let's hope Aiden doesn't stab him.

"Yes. Sam is in." Amaris says, walking over to the couch to sit in between Cassius and me. She holds out her hand and Cassius whines before passing her the weed. "I'm ready for your questions and objections." She says before putting the joint in the ashtray.

"We don't need him." Aiden says.

"Yes, we do. He's a tech wiz and we need more personnel. Next?" Amaris says, leaning back in the couch and putting her feet up.

"You agreed that Milo, Cas and I would get to pick the personnel after an extensive background check." Aiden says, flipping the knife through his fingers.

"You can do a background check on Sam and as far as the personnel goes, I think it's only fair that we get to pick one each. There's three more we need to hire. You guys can handle that." Amaris says.

She's so sexy when she tells us what to do. I laugh and spread out on the huge couch, laying my head on her thighs.

"Play with hair, please." I say, smiling up at her. She runs her fingers through my hair, and I close my eyes.

"Like that?" She whispers and I shake my head.

She doesn't know it but when I fall asleep to her playing with my hair, I have dreams. Everyone knows that when I sleep with her, I don't have nightmares, but I never told anyone that apart from my nightmares, I couldn't dream. Not until she started playing with my hair.

"He could betray you." Cassius says, pulling me back to reality.

"Yes. So could any of the fifty men that's on our security team and so could the people that you're going to hire. We need new people and I like sam."

"Oh wow. I-I like you too." Sam says.

I open my eyes and lift my head to look at him "Yeah, cool it, Samuel. Don't get killed before she makes her case." I say glaring at him. Amaris sighs and pushes my head back down.

"He clearly has a crush on you Amaris." Cassius says, annoyed.

"Seriously? That's what you're worried about?" Amaris says and although my eyes are closed, I know she has a very bored look on her face.

"Are you two a couple?" Sam asks.

"Sort of. I'm dating all of them." Amaris says and I smile. This is the first time she's said that out loud.

"Seriously? I mean It's obvious they're in love with you, but you don't seem like the type that dates." Sam says.

"Oh, I'm not. They gave me no choice."

"Liar." I say and she smacks my forehead. "Ow!"

"Can we please get back on track?!" Aiden yells and I sigh before sitting up.