Chapter 1 - Check on Harry

Severus looked at the Headmaster, "You wanted to see me, Albus?".

He nods, "Yes, Severus. There is something I need to ask of you. I'm sure you are aware that Lily's son was placed with his relatives, correct?".

Severus sighs, "Yes I'm aware".

"Well, I wish to ask if you're able to go check in on him".

"He's the boy-who-lived. I'm sure he's living quite spoiled with his family. I'm sure he's just fine, Albus".  

"You mean spoiled like your godson?".

Severus did not like that comment. He was quite protective of Draco, spoiled or not.

Severus glares at the Headmaster, "If you are asking something of me, Albus, I would not think it would be smart to insult my godson".

"My apologies, Severus. Will you please go check on young Harry?".

He sighs, "Very well".  

Severus steps back to the middle of the room and apparates out of the castle. He lands on a street. Looking up he sees a familiar house, he is now in the Muggle World. He walks up to the house on Privet Drive, knowing exactly who lives here. 

He gets to the door and raises his hand to knock. For some reason, something compelled him to not. So he lowered his hand to his wand and whispered alohomora while pointing at the door. He hears the faint click of the lock and gently pushes the door open.  

Peering into the house, Severus notices the eerie aura of the house. Something wasn't right. Walking in, he notices the stairs to his right, assuming that Harry must be in one of the bedrooms which are normally upstairs. Just as he steps on the first step, he hears a shuffling coming from under the stairs.

Looking confused, he steps down and slowly makes his way to the door. Placing his ear to it, he hears the shuffling again along with what sounded like a groan of pain. Feeling concerned, he tries to open the door only to find it locked. He uses the same spell and slowly opens the door. What he saw stunned him. 

He saw a small broken crib that barely fit in the confined space. On the floor were broken crayons that looked chewed up and scraps of food scattered throughout. Looking closer at the crib, his eyes widen when he notices a small boy, looking around the age of 2, lying in the crib. The child was shivering, only having a small, thin blanket covering him.  

What was the most shocking to Severus was the lightning shaped scar on the boy's forehead. This child was Harry Potter. He was clearly not spoiled at all, in fact it was the opposite. He has clearly been having a rough time with Petunia, his aunt, and her family. Had Albus known about this? He was the one to place Harry with Petunia after all. There's no way he would allow this? Right? 

Harry started getting agitated and slightly squirming, so Severus leaned down and placed his hand on his head. Harry opens his eyes and looks up at Severus. The look he gave the man made Severus' heart melt. He picked up the small boy and held him to his chest. He doesn't know what came over him but he felt he needed to give his small boy comfort. Harry held his robes tightly, like his life depended on it. 

This was the nail in the coffin for Severus. He needed to get this boy out of here. He wraps him in his robes and starts to leave the house. As he closes the door, he stops in the middle of the sidewalk and thinks.  

He whispers to himself, "There's no way I'm taking him to Albus. I need to take him somewhere safe".

He looks down at Harry, calmly sleeping in his robes. He knew apparating would wake him up and upset him, but he didn't have a choice. So clutching the boy tightly, he apparates out of the Muggle World and takes him somewhere he can get the love he truly deserved. He knew exactly the place to go.  

------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Thank you for reading this book. Yes, this is my third one even though the other two aren't complete yet, but I really like this idea and want to give people different options for books that different people may enjoy. 

As the same for my other books, if you guys have any ideas on where you think the story can go or ideas on things you think would go well in this story, please feel free to comment or message me and I will make a note of it. You will be credited if your idea makes it in :)