Chapter 15: Hogsmeade Station

The train had finally arrived at Hogsmeade station, the boys now all dressed in their robes. They walk out of the compartment and see Severus waiting for them in the hallway. He smiles as his godsons run up to him. Blaise and the twins followed them as they exited the train and onto the platform.  

They hear a loud voice call out, "Firs' years! Firs' years over here!".

Draco turns to Severus, "Can't we just go with you, Uncle Sev?".

He sighs, "I'm sorry boys, but you need to go with the other first years so you can go through the whole sorting ceremony. I have to be at the castle before all the students arrive so just follow...". He points to Hagrid, "...that man there and he'll lead you to the castle".  

The twins pout, "But Sev~".

He smiles and leans down, "Now, now boys. I would love nothing more than to escort you to the castle myself, but unfortunately we need to follow the rules for the time being. Once you both establish your status, I'll let you go as Malfoy as you please".

They perk up excitedly, "Really?".

"You bet". He stands, "Off you go, boys. I'll see you at the castle".  

They give their godfather one final hug and follow Blaise to the other first years. Fred and George had already separated from the group, going off with their own year. The trio head over to the Black Lake and notice a fleet of boats sitting by the waters edge. The three find an empty boat to themselves and slowly get in, using each other to steady themselves.  

Just as they were about to head off, they felt the boat rock. Hadrian looks up and immediately frowns as he sees Hermione hopping into their boat. The three boys turn to her in disgust as she makes her way towards Hadrian, sitting next to him with a smirk on her face.  

Blaise leans on his knees, "Clearly my friends were not able to get through to you, so let me have a go. Get out of our boat and stay the hell away from us".

Draco looks at him impressed as Hermione scoffs, "Well, all the other boats are full so I guess you're stuck with me".

The boat starts moving towards the castle as Hadrian starts seething, but before he can say or do anything, Draco grabs his hand and brings his attention to his brother.

He whispers, "Rappelez-vous ce qu'a dit notre parrain. Nous devons nous comporter au mieux" (Remember what our godfather said. We need to be on our best behaviour).

Hadrian sighs, "Je ne peux pas m'en empêcher. Elle commence vraiment à me taper sur les nerfs" (I can't help it. She's really starting to get on my nerves).

"Ne vous inquiétez pas. Elle n'entrera jamais dans notre maison et nous n'aurons à interagir avec elle que pendant les cours" (Don't worry. She will never get into our house and we will only have to interact with her during class). 

Hadrian nods as Hermione scoots closer to him, "What are you two talking about?".  

Hadrian turns to her and glares, "If we wanted you to understand what we were saying, we would speak in English. Now shut up and don't talk".

The boat continues cruising along the lake, following the other boats to Hogwarts. The boys continue to converse in French so Hermione can't join in. She straightens her posture and looks around for something to occupy herself since the cute boy next to her was paying her no mind. She decides to lean over the boat and runs her fingers through the water.

All of a sudden she hears a loud voice, "You there! Don' be trailin' yer fingers in the water. Yeh might find yeh don' get 'em all back".

She jumps back, retracting her fingers back and holding her hand to her chest.

Hadrian rolls his eyes and whispers, "J'aurais dû la pousser" (I should have pushed her).