Chapter 29: Practice Round

While Marcus continues to talk with the rest of the team out in the field, Hadrian and Draco were trying on their new uniform. They were lucky to find some smaller sizes since most of them were made for older students.

Hadrian ties his robe turning to his brother, "I can't believe we're actually on the team".

Draco laughs as he adjusts his fingerless gloves, "Don't sound so surprised, brother, with our skills it was inevitable".

Hadrian snickers, "Yes, but I certainly didn't expect it so soon, especially at our age". He smirks, "What do you think Uncle Sev did to get us on the team?".

They start walking out as Draco smirks, "I think he agreed to a blind date".

He shakes his head, "He wouldn't agree if he didn't know who it was. Maybe father got his hands on some rare ingredients".

Draco shakes his head and laughs, "You really do know him better than I do".

They walk out onto the pitch, looking around in awe at the size of the stadium. They've only ever practised in the backyard at Malfoy Manor or in the fields near Riddle Manor, where only Severus has jurisdiction over.

Marcus smiles at their excitement, "You boys ready to get started?".

They nod, "Absolutely".

"Wonderful". He tosses Draco a Beater bat, "First things first, I wanna test your swing. Grab a broom and meet me in the air".

Marcus grabs a small box and mounts his broom, flying up about ten metres in the air. Draco grabs a broom from the barrel and flies up to sit in front of his new captain. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed three people sitting in the stands. Looking over, he smiles as he sees Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle waving at him.

Marcus holds up the box, "What is in here?".

Draco turns back, "Bludgers".

He nods, "Well done". He looks down and calls out, "Terence, Finn, get up here!".

The two quickly fly up and sit on either side of Draco, leaving Hadrian with the Keeper, Miles, and the two other Chasers, Adrian and Travis.

Marcus continues, "Once I release the Bludger, I want the three of you to practise hitting it back and forth to each other. Give Draco the opportunity to get used to the strength of your swings and work on his own. Ready?".

The boys nod and grip their respective bats. Marcus flies back a little before opening the box, a Bludger immediately flying out. Blaise and Hadrian hold their breath as it projects itself straight towards Draco. Locking onto the Bludger, Draco pulls his arm back and grips his broom, flying up a little before hitting it at a downward angle towards Finn. The other boys watch in amazement as the three continue hitting the Bludger back and forth.

After a few minutes, Marcus raises his fingers to his mouth, whistling to get their attention. Surprisingly, the Bludger stops in its path and makes its way back into the box. Marcus leans down to lock the box and stands with it in his hands as the three Beaters fly down, hopping off their brooms.

Hadrian runs over and gives Draco a big hug, "That was amazing, frère" (brother).

Marcus smiles, "I agree, very impressive, Draco. I'm curious, I noticed you hit it at more of a downward angle. Is there a particular reason for that?".

Draco nods, "Actually, yes. Our older brother taught us that hitting more down would help us achieve a harder strike".

Hadrian nods, "Plus, with everyone flying in the air, the Bludger would be less likely to hit another player by accident".

Marcus hums, "Interesting. I definitely agree that would be a benefit. We all just need to make sure that we keep an eye on the direction it's been hit. The last thing we need is a large iron ball hitting us from below".

Adrian asks, "I thought you guys were the only Malfoy children?".

The twins smile in remembrance, "More of an honorary brother".

Marcus laughs, "Before we go into a practice game, I want to test Hadrian's reflexes".