Naval Battle of Rovania Kingdom 2

December 25

Sea northwest of Rovania Kingdom

A flotilla of small wooden sailing ships stood alongside the eight destroyers that await the invaders. They are a coalition of naval forces from 12 of the 28 nations of the Union of the Far Eastern Maritime Nations that have responded to the summons. From the decks of their warships, the naval officers of each navy simply gazed up at the massive escort ships.

"These are the warships of Japan that have responded to Rovania's request to help us in our Far Eastern Union..."

"They are made of iron and have no sails. How in the world does it float on the sea and move forward...?"

They couldn't hide their amazement at the size of the ship, which was so far from their common sense. Not long after, from the rear of each giant ship, a giant winged insect flew away, emitting a rattling sound of wings and a tremendous gust.

From the flight decks of the Takanami, Teruzuki, Ōnami, and Ikazuchi, four SH-60Ks took off and flew towards the Altian fleet, warning the Empire's soldiers from the loudspeakers attached to each helicopter.

"This is the Japanese Armed Forces. At the request of the King of Rovania, we are providing support for the Union of the Far Eastern Maritime Nations based on the right of collective self-defense. Your ships are violating the territorial waters of the Rovania Kingdom! Stand down immediately! I repeat, stand down immediately!"

The soldiers of the Empire were terrified by the loud warning coming from the iron beetle that suddenly appeared, a group that claimed to be the military of the country of Japan. The soldiers standing on the deck of the Achaimenes, the flagship of the Far East Invasion Force, were also in turmoil, the sound of the giant beetle's wings echoing in the pit of their stomachs making them even more anxious.

"What is that thing?"

"It's not even a dragon! Is that the enemy's new weapon!?"

The soldiers pointed at the patrol helicopter and exclaimed. But General Satraf Apendix, the commander of the fleet, did not listen to the warnings.

"...Japan? I've never heard of this country, but... you've got to be kidding me. We are violating territorial waters and they want us to leave?"

He spoke as he spat it out and barked to the upset soldiers, inspiring them.

"Don't be afraid! The power of the weapons of an uncivilized country in the Far East is negligible. The Altian Empire, which will eventually become the ruler of the Eastern World, will never be defeated here in the Far East!"

"...WOOH!!"

The soldiers responded to the encouragement given by their commanders to break the turmoil. The Far East Invasion Force led by General Satraf had not heeded the warnings of the SH-60K Seahawk and was continuing on to Rovania. The SH-60Ks decided that further warnings were futile and returned to their respective ships. A few minutes later, the crews of the flagship Achaimenes, including Satraf, caught sight of the enemy over the horizon.

"...W-what the hell is that!?"

The soldiers were once again in turmoil. On the horizon, which was probably still 10 kilometers away from them, there were eight huge gray ships that made them misjudge the distance. There were eight of them sitting on the horizon. Seeing the enemy, Satraf sent out to each ship through the magical communication device called the faith shell.

"Attention all ships, send the dragon riders into flight! Don't be dismayed, it's just an illusion. First of all, pour fire on those conspicuous gray ships! Also, all wind masters on each ship, full power!"