Part 5: The New Dragon | Postwar Processing

March 20, immediately after the end of the war

Custefai, Altian Empire

A total of 214 senators were taken out of the Grand Hall by the rebel soldiers and members of the JGSDF. Frightened by the enemy's guns, they climbed into the back of Type 73 heavy trucks parked by the side of the Grand Hall.

"Hey... I have one question."

Zusar Varpal, one of the senators and the second prince, spoke to Speranka Varvati, one of the rebels standing by his side, just before getting into the Type 73 heavy truck.

"Is Japan... really going to let that Savia take the reins of this country?"

"...! Yes, that is the agreement Her Highness has made."

"When was this decided?"

"...Five days ago."

Five days ago was two days before Savia visited Zusar's mansion. When he learned that Savia had been working on today's scenario since that time, he let out a self-deprecating laugh.

"Hehe... haha, she fooled me. Hey, please tell my youngest sister that I'm here. The national government is not as sweet as she thinks it is."

"......"

After Zusar left a parting line, he got into the truck himself.

"Good... that concludes our mission."

After seeing off the convoy of trucks escorting them to the prison, Sergeant Alberto Davis, who was disguised as an Imperial Guard, took off the armor he was wearing. There were several other Marines who were also disguised as Imperial Guardsmen, and they too took off their disguises. The main facilities of the Altian Empire's government were then placed under the control of the Fleet Headquarters by the nearly 3.000 Japanese and American personnel who came ashore from the sea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 22

Small Hall in the Prime Minister's Office, Tokyo, Japan

Two days after the ceasefire, cabinet ministers, legislators, and bureaucrats were gathering to discuss matters related to the postwar process and the future.

"There are demands from embassies and organizations in various countries that have learned on the founding of the United States to let them make their own country too. The demands are particularly fierce from the Mindan, the General Federation of Trade Unions, and Chinese organizations..."

Word of the Japanese government's support for the founding of the United States of America quickly spread to embassies around the world. Foreign Minister Minegishi was informed that pressure from other countries was mounting.

"In exchange for the Japanese government's support for the establishment of each country, the embassies of each country will be notified that they must agree to disclose all classified information, including military and scientific technology, that the Japanese government requires. The cost of the founding of the country will be borne, to a certain extent, out of their assets in Japan. Since the United States has given so much to help us in the war to build our homeland, it would not be worth it if they did not do the same for us."

Next, Defense Minister Yasunaka explained the postwar processing.

"Regarding the occupation, the SDF and US forces will maintain security only in the capital city of Custefai, McTayle, which is currently under our occupation, and in Nospedi, the hub of maritime trade and its surrounding towns, which are not the target of the current attack. The company will then send them up to take charge of the mission. This will be urgent since the Empire's regular military has been decimated."