𝗂𝗏. 𝗁𝗈𝗅𝗂𝖽𝖺𝗓𝖾

CHAPTER FOUR (     𝖧𝗈𝗅𝗂𝖽𝖺𝗓𝖾     )

CHAPTER FOUR
(     𝖧𝗈𝗅𝗂𝖽𝖺𝗓𝖾     )

Thanksgiving Eve

      Madelaine is leaning against the nurses station in the E.R., while Alex is standing right next to her. Alex has been doing alright after Izzie had left, again. Since he saw her last she has looked quite better which actually lifted a bunch of weight off of his shoulders knowing that Izzie was alive and well. While Madelaine was scanning through patients' files, she then looked up from a patients file when she heard a voice speak from behind her. When she turned around, she then met the eyes of a blonde girl, who looked to be in her late teens maybe early twenties, and she had a brown bag slung over her shoulders. "Excuse me. I'm looking for Dr. Mark Sloan."

      Madelaine and Alex both share a look, before Alex points at Mark, sitting at a burn patients side. "Um, you see the dude who was burned... trying to deep fry a turkey? Sloan's the guy making him scream like a girl."

      The blonde girl then nodded before walking over to Mark. Madelaine and Alex walk discreetly closer to the two and stood next to Callie, by a patients bed, checking that stats.

      "Dr. Sloan..." The girl started.

      "Yeah." Mark replied.

      Mark then looks up at the blonde girl standing nervously before him, and she then began to talk again. "Hi. Um, so this is a little weird, but, um... my name is Sloan Reilly. And, uh, my mom's Samantha Reilly. And, I'm pretty sure you're my dad."

       As those final words left the blonde girls mouth, Mark's eyes widened in surprise. And so did Callie's, Madelaine's and Alex's shocked to hear that Mark Sloan has a daughter.

•••

"Hey." Jackson said, as he walked over to Madelaine after watching her leave a patients bed in the E.R.

"Hi." Madelaine replied as she then walked over to the nurses station and placed the patients chart on the counter before walking off as Jackson followed her.

"What are you doing for thanksgiving?" Jackson asked her, trying to start conversation.

As Madelaine looked at him nervously, she then realized she had nothing to say. She couldn't tell him she had kids so she needed to sort of lie.

"Oh, I'm probably just gonna spend it with my mom. What about you?" She responded.

"Same here, except probably with my grandfather as well." He replied.