𝗑𝗑. 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀

CHAPTER TWENTY (     𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝖬𝖾 𝖳𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀     )

CHAPTER TWENTY
(     𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝖬𝖾 𝖳𝗋𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀     )

     "Am I early? I tried really hard not to be." Meredith claimed as she came walking into the room which sat the Residents who were going to participating in Owen Hunt's Trauma certification activity.

     "That doesn't bode well." Jackson commented as he took a bite out of his grin ale bar.

     "We did the same thing with Bailey when we were interns. Take turned treating a dummy, get an early lunch, then we get back to work. It's lame." Alex explained, nowhere near excited for what Owen had planned for them.

     That was when, Owen came walking into the room holding a bunch of yellow gowns and purple gloves.

     "Charter plane was forced into an emergency landing and collided with a Greyhound bus. Mass casualty situation." He informed everyone as he set down the gloves and gowns but he rolled his eyes when nobody started moving. "Do I need to say it again? Let's move!" He shouted causing everyone to to grab a pair of gloves and a gown as they followed him rushing out to the back of the hospital into the ambulance bay.

     "Close to 30 victims in the field, some critical. Multiple blunt trauma injuries." Owen informed them as finally they made it outside, but were disappointed when all they saw were dummy's.

     "And I was so looking forward to an early lunch." Jackson commented as everyone looked around and sighed at what they saw.

     "This is gonna suck!" Meredith exclaimed, while Madelaine and April were thinking totally different.

     "Welcome to Trauma Certification... you will be working in teams of five. Each team will be responsible for nine casualties. You may treat your patients using only what you can carry with your two hands from this ambulance. The Evac helicopter is on its way. You get your patients on the helicopter, you get certified." Owen explained to the pretty big group of Residents that had different colors of tape on their gowns letting them know what teams they were in.

     And as Madelaine looked around she saw that she was on a team with April, Alex, Jackson, and Meredith.

     "Are you ready? Get to work." Owen called out, as the surgeons then rushed to the ambulance grabbing whatever they could that could fit in their two hands.

•••

     "According to this card, this guys got a blown right pupil, an Atlantooccipital dislocation, open book pelvis, a large open abdominal wound— jeez! A sucking chest wound with seven broken ribs." April announced to her team.