𝗑𝗂𝗂. 𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗄, 𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋

CHAPTER TWELVE(     𝖧𝗈𝗈𝗄, 𝖫𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖲𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋     )

CHAPTER TWELVE
( 𝖧𝗈𝗈𝗄, 𝖫𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖲𝗂𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗋 )

     "Hey, is that Thomas Evans from Baylor?" Jackson asked Meredith as he, April, and Madelaine approached her on the walkway as Cristina had walked away with a man.

      "Yes, but don't get too excited. He's only here for one case." Meredith smiled at them.

      "Oh, are you sure?" April asked her. "Because I overheard Chief Shepherd discussing the fact that Dr. Altman doesn't have a permanent contract. Do it would actually be a really genius move in the Chief's part to go in and seize that opportunity to—" She rambled on as Jackson finally cut her off.

      "Oh, here we go again." Jackson smirked as Madelaine looked up at him and let out a slight chuckle.

      "What?" Meredith asked smiling at him confused.

       "Shut up." April told him, looking discreet.

      "She think your husband walks on water." Jackson explained amusedly, while looking over at the now embarrassed April.

      "I don't. I, uhm... No, I'm— I mean, it's a professional thing." April stuttered. "It's, uhm... it's a mentor thing. He's— He's just my mentor because he's... he's married to you."

      That was when April continued to stutter, Meredith had threw Jackson and Madelaine both a confused yet amused look, which the both of them return with a tight lipped smile as they try to hold in their laughs.

      "And you guys are— are so great. And, uhm, together— together as a married couple, and you- you are so great."

      "Wow." Jackson sarcastically muttered under his breath. Madelaine, smiling to no one but herself then poked his side slightly shaking her head trying to make him stop.

     "I, um, I do— I do think that your husband is brilliant, but I'm—I'm sure that you think that, too, so..." April said as she continued to stutter but finally she eventually cut herself off, stopping herself from this rambling and then practically fleeing from the conversation.

      That was when the three of them then stood in their same spots a bit awkwardly from the conversation they were just in before letting out soft chuckles and amused looks.

•••

      Meredith, April, Jackson, Derek, and Madelaine were standing in the elevator to get up to the helicopter landing deck on top of the hospital.